| FTBL Bama Michigan matchup

We’re we not in the top 10 when Tom Brady led that crazy comeback on Shaun and the boys in 2000?
I took it from the Rant, I went and looked it up. We were ranked 4th in the BCS before that game. I remember that game well though. I was there for the missed PAT. The wife wondered why I wasn’t bitching and complaining. I told her that it was only fitting for us to lose that way considering our win in Gainesville earlier in the year on a Gator missed PAT.

Anyone remember when we beat Michigan’s ass after the 2019 season with Mac Jones at the helm? Juedy had 200 yards receiving and Najee over 130 on the ground. Their D was good that year, but not when we came to town. And our defense shut down their QB.

Last edited:
Anyone remember when we beat Michigan’s ass after the 2019 season with Alec Jones at the helm? Juedy had 200 yards receiving and Najee over 130 on the ground. Their D was good that year, but not when we came to town. And our defense shut down their QB.

Referenced that one the other day... one of the only times I can really recall Saban running up the score on purpose (and did so to send a little extra message to Harbaugh that day).

Bottom line is that UM has not faced anyone even close to the caliber of Alabama. The speed, the power, the aggressiveness; it's the same thing ND saw in 2012. And when you give Saban a month to prepare, it's like giving Usain Bolt a one lap head start. I see Bama beating UM by 3 scores.

Looking at the Al.com stats , it favors Michigan more than us but on paper ga should have won also. I like our chances.
8 of their 13 games came against opponents that were 101 or worse in total offense. So their defense feasted on some weak ass teams!! In comparison, we faced 3!
Look at this stat!
Vs the 4 best defenses they played (#3Ohio State,#1 Penn St, #5Iowa, #35 Maryland), they scored 46 points on 96 total yards. Drives where their defense or special teams either handed them the ball inside opponents territory or just put points on the board themselves.

Last edited:

Alabama is set to take on Michigan in the Rose Bowl, serving as a College Football Playoff semifinal matchup. No. 1 vs. No. 4 to determine who gets to play for a national championship.

ESPN recently revealed score predictions for every single bowl game (subscription required), and they made a rather interesting pick for the Rose Bowl.

While Michigan is the top-ranked team and is the favorite to win it, Alabama is projected to win with a final score of 31-23. A whopping eight-point victory over another No. 1 team, less than a month after beating then-No. 1 ranked Georgia.

“The disparity among the two teams in the postseason is too much to ignore,” writes ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg. “Alabama’s Nick Saban has won seven national titles and boasts a 9-4 record in CFP games. Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh, like his college coach, Bo Schembechler, has been much better in the Big Ten than on the national stage, going 1-6 in bowls and 0-2 in the CFP. Milroe leads a big fourth quarter as the Tide roll on to the national title game.”
With that win, the Tide would move on to the national title game. ESPN’s prediction has Washington beating Texas 37-33, which means Alabama and Washington battle it out to win it all.

I know Proctor and Booker are worried sick about a white kid with diamond earrings named Braiden...

crop

Back
Top Bottom