| FTBL Bama Michigan matchup

People, as much as I don’t like Michigan, they are a decent team and I believe that it will be a tough game. Some think it will be a fairly easy game and I hope it is, but I wouldn’t count on it. Harboy is a sneaky bastard.
Co-worker told me this a.m. that this may be the only time he would ever pull for Bama. He's a Cornhusker and is in Kansas, so I didn't give him a hard time. :p

Last edited:
You don't need to. It's Notre Dame, 2012.
I get why you are saying it but this is a CFP game where we are the underdogs. Expecting a tough game. Now I do not have a lot of belief in JH as he has been a joke up until he started stealing signs.... Bama has indeed gotten better but it is still the same team that should have lost to a 6-6 barn team.

What’s Alabama getting with this hire?​

Though Helow wasn’t a part of this year’s Michigan staff, he did serve under current defensive coordinator Jesse Minter in 2022 — his knowledge of the Wolverines’ system will be valuable as Alabama faces its toughest defensive challenge yet. This season, Michigan ranks first nationally in scoring defense (9.46 points per game) and second in total defense (239.2 yards per game). Two of Helow’s former linebackers, Colson and Michael Barrett, were All-Big Ten selections this season.

Alabama isn’t scheduled to start practice until mid-month. The team will participate in lifting, running and player-led 7-on-7 between now and then, which gives Helow time to get adjusted and start meeting with coaches ahead of full-scale practice later in December.

Helow’s hire has the potential to turn into a full-time opportunity on Alabama’s staff after this season. Current outside linebackers coach and special teams coordinator Coleman Hutzler has accepted the defensive coordinator job at Mississippi State, which leaves a void on staff. Helow served as linebackers coach and special teams coordinator at Maryland in 2020 in addition to 10-plus years of defensive experience with stints at Alabama, Georgia, Colorado State and most recently Michigan. If all goes well and Helow is ultimately elevated, then a young, highly regarded coach will join Saban’s team and Helow will have a prominent position on one of college football’s best staffs.

Back
Top Bottom