| FTBL Bad, bad officiating

I don't think it is a spoken bias or conspiracy. I know that the NCAA tries to be sure that fans of a certain team don't call games that involve their team. The issue we have is that every other team is envious and hates Bama.

So because of this no matter who the officials are a fan of.. they would like to see us lose.

is inconsistency in calls on the field from crew to crew

This has been my biggest grip with the newer officials the past few years. We all have seen calls go our way and go against us.

I feel like the hold called on us in the first half was a bit ticky tack on one of our good running plays......only to have a couple of our d lineman all but choked down to the ground. Call it both ways.

This has been my biggest grip with the newer officials the past few years. We all have seen calls go our way and go against us.

I feel like the hold called on us in the first half was a bit ticky tack on one of our good running plays......only to have a couple of our d lineman all but choked down to the ground. Call it both ways.
Agree....there were a couple of so obvious holdings....not called...

Guys, a lot of this issue is their training and the actual rules. They hammer these guys so hard on what is right and what is wrong that they throw the flag just in case anymore. Targeting is a joke, an absolute joke anymore. The pundits got what they wanted, now all we hear is how the severity of the penalty is wrong and how on Earth are guys supposed to react. Pass interference was messed with and you can make zero contact with a guy, but if you don't turn around you're penalized if the receiver doesn't catch the ball. That is maddening to me. These guys aren't rocket scientists and they get things wrong, we all do, BUT, they are set up for failure by lack of rules but rather interpretations of the rules. Hence why there is so much ambiguity with calls all over the country and with certain crews. We need to get back to black and white rules of football and allow the contact and I think things run smoother. Like Gary and Brad said, in a game like the SEC Championship, half the stadium is gonna be upset with every call regardless if it's right or wrong.

The bigger issue I have is a sideline having sway over a call. The first series when Hellams hit Cook like a half step late, you see the long haired dipshit Georgia get back coach jumping all in the air flailing his arms at the ref to get a flag thrown, then boom, flag comes out on a not very egregious hit. No sideline should have sway over a ref, and I think that comes with more sideline warnings and personal foul flags thrown at the sideline over stuff like this.

Guys, a lot of this issue is their training and the actual rules. They hammer these guys so hard on what is right and what is wrong that they throw the flag just in case anymore. Targeting is a joke, an absolute joke anymore. The pundits got what they wanted, now all we hear is how the severity of the penalty is wrong and how on Earth are guys supposed to react. Pass interference was messed with and you can make zero contact with a guy, but if you don't turn around you're penalized if the receiver doesn't catch the ball. That is maddening to me. These guys aren't rocket scientists and they get things wrong, we all do, BUT, they are set up for failure by lack of rules but rather interpretations of the rules. Hence why there is so much ambiguity with calls all over the country and with certain crews. We need to get back to black and white rules of football and allow the contact and I think things run smoother. Like Gary and Brad said, in a game like the SEC Championship, half the stadium is gonna be upset with every call regardless if it's right or wrong.

The bigger issue I have is a sideline having sway over a call. The first series when Hellams hit Cook like a half step late, you see the long haired dipshit Georgia get back coach jumping all in the air flailing his arms at the ref to get a flag thrown, then boom, flag comes out on a not very egregious hit. No sideline should have sway over a ref, and I think that comes with more sideline warnings and personal foul flags thrown at the sideline over stuff like this.
But...refs are human....cant get that outta the game....
See...in. Basketball a lot...how officials play to crowd....
Sad...but true

Anything close...goes to home team.....

I don't think it is a spoken bias or conspiracy. I know that the NCAA tries to be sure that fans of a certain team don't call games that involve their team. The issue we have is that every other team is envious and hates Bama.

So because of this no matter who the officials are a fan of.. they would like to see us lose.
I just do not see this. I think it is more about them just missing calls not a real anti Bama thing.

But...refs are human....cant get that outta the game....
See...in. Basketball a lot...how officials play to crowd....
Sad...but true

Anything close...goes to home team.....

Well I agree. I'm speaking more to pass interference and targeting. I can get started on that hold they called on McGlaughen that they called as he was falling and the Georgia player was already falling on him. Or the other holds on receivers they did not call. I feel these refs gotta get better about not being persuaded. I can handle a bad call or two as you should never leave a game in the refs hands, but the influential calls like that hit out of bounds is where they should be forced to get better.

Well I agree. I'm speaking more to pass interference and targeting. I can get started on that hold they called on McGlaughen that they called as he was falling and the Georgia player was already falling on him. Or the other holds on receivers they did not call. I feel these refs gotta get better about not being persuaded. I can handle a bad call or two as you should never leave a game in the refs hands, but the influential calls like that hit out of bounds is where they should be forced to get better.
Yep....what i hate is when it changes outcome of game....
None of these did.
Personally. I thought the officiating was poor...overall

Back
Top Bottom