| FTBL Arkansas calls for ‘Red Out’ for Alabama game

Yes, Mr. Nickel Double Dog, I don't know what position he plays... I have no idea. Please, sir, enlighten me with all of your stupendous knowledge. What position does he play? Since I don't know what I'm talking about, CLEARLY.

I hope to one day become as knowledge as you, all mighty NickelDoubleDog, who knows all!

View attachment 22137

So it looks like, from the depth chart you copied/pasted, after saying you didn't know what position he played, that Sanders is playing on the edge, where he wanted to play?

If he had stayed, they wanted to move him inside, He likely could've started at Bama inside. Instead he transferred, got moved inside,, and is playing very well. Moody and Lawson are also playing well inside at Bama.

So it looks like, from the depth chart you copied/pasted, after saying you didn't know what position he played, that Sanders is playing on the edge, where he wanted to play?

If he had stayed, they wanted to move him inside, He likely could've started at Bama inside. Instead he transferred, got moved inside,, and is playing very well. Moody and Lawson are also playing well inside at Bama.
OMG! You're so right?! How could I missed this edge rusher!

"Playing on the edge."
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.00.31 PM.png

"The edge where he wanted to."
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.01.01 PM.png

Did I mention "the edge."
Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 2.01.25 PM.png

I can't thank you enough, all knowing NickleDoubleG, for enlightening me one again. How will I ever be able to repay you for this knowledge?

About to see how our gents fare against a decent rushing attack. Jefferson/Sanders combo is legit and both are a load if they get a step

Personally I am happy for Sanders the LB. Everything doesn’t have to be a failure of the athlete or the staff
Sanders leaving was definitely the right move for him. He’s now being talked about as a 1st round pick and I doubt that would have happened at Bama with him playing on the outside behind two other 1st round picks. I know Saban said the other day that Sanders could have been moved to the inside this season but the Arkansas defense allows him to better showcase his talents. Like you, I’m happy for the young man getting the opportunity to play himself into a big payday in the NFL. That being said, I’m hoping he has a bit of an off game this Saturday! Or even a great game as long as his team was blown out.

Sanders leaving was definitely the right move for him. He’s now being talked about as a 1st round pick and I doubt that would have happened at Bama with him playing on the outside behind two other 1st round picks. I know Saban said the other day that Sanders could have been moved to the inside this season but the Arkansas defense allows him to better showcase his talents. Like you, I’m happy for the young man getting the opportunity to play himself into a big payday in the NFL. That being said, I’m hoping he has a bit of an off game this Saturday! Or even a great game as long as his team was blown out.

I am very happy for Drew. Hated his injury that costed him, but Chris Braswell has shown what patience and hard work can do. He has waited as well and is being noticed by people everywhere. Five star just like Sanders as well. They have created him a spot on the field is where I'm going with this.

OMG! You're so right?! How could I missed this edge rusher!

"Playing on the edge."
View attachment 22147

"The edge where he wanted to."
View attachment 22148

Did I mention "the edge."
View attachment 22149

I can't thank you enough, all knowing NickleDoubleG, for enlightening me one again. How will I ever be able to repay you for this knowledge?

I take it you missed the entire point. Not surprising.

Sanders transferred because he wanted to play edge, though Turner had beaten him out for that spot at Bama. He was going to be moved inside at Bama.

He transfers to Arkansas, and still gets moved inside. And he's doing very well.

Some guys don't have patience to see it through. Glad Sanders is doing well at Arkansas. Good thing at Bama Moody and Lawson are playing very well at that same spot.

Now, let me know if you can keep up with the discussion

I take it you missed the entire point. Not surprising.

Sanders transferred because he wanted to play edge, though Turner had beaten him out for that spot at Bama. He was going to be moved inside at Bama.

He transfers to Arkansas, and still gets moved inside. And he's doing very well.

Some guys don't have patience to see it through. Glad Sanders is doing well at Arkansas. Good thing at Bama Moody and Lawson are playing very well at that same spot.

Now, let me know if you can keep up with the discussion

Maybe I misread this (and your previous posts) since it looks confusing when you just glance at it... m

To me it implied that somehow the depth chart I posted was saying Sanders was playing outside at Arkansas (what I never said), hence why I posted all the shots of him playing inside... From the beginning I said he was playing inside, so I have no idea why you would think I was trying to argue otherwise here (if that's what you were doing).

I dont understand what your complaint with me was other than being mad about my complaint about Alabama's defense being too complicated and that Sanders would have been a starting ILB here. You're right that Sanders' stated reasoning for leaving was playing outside, so that probably wasn't fair to me make the "too complicated" comment but that's been my criticism for the defense for a few years now and why I think we see so many blue chip defenders that either never play, leave or "underperform" in this defense.

Maybe I misread this (and your previous posts) since it looks confusing when you just glance at it... m

To me it implied that somehow the depth chart I posted was saying Sanders was playing outside at Arkansas (what I never said), hence why I posted all the shots of him playing inside... From the beginning I said he was playing inside, so I have no idea why you would think I was trying to argue otherwise here (if that's what you were doing).

I dont understand what your complaint with me was other than being mad about my complaint about Alabama's defense being too complicated and that Sanders would have been a starting ILB here. You're right that Sanders' stated reasoning for leaving was playing outside, so that probably wasn't fair to me make the "too complicated" comment but that's been my criticism for the defense for a few years now and why I think we see so many blue chip defenders that either never play, leave or "underperform" in this defense.

Probably a lot of miscommunication, and I was being facetious on Drew playing outside at Arky as he got moved inside.

My contention was that he transferred or was not as successful at Bama due to a complicated scheme. I said he got beat out by Turner. He wanted to play outside, so he transferred. Saban and Golding were going to move him inside this year.

So he transfers to play outside, but gets moved inside anyway with the Hogs. And he's excelling. He could've excelled at Bama inside too.

Now, if you wanted to make the claim that playing MIKE at Arky is less complicated than playing ILB at Bama, then I would probably not argue with that. But it's all moot at this point.

I am very happy for Drew. Hated his injury that costed him, but Chris Braswell has shown what patience and hard work can do. He has waited as well and is being noticed by people everywhere. Five star just like Sanders as well. They have created him a spot on the field is where I'm going with this.
I agree but unless Braswell gets a lot more playing time I don’t see him going in the first round in next year’s draft. Sanders is being mentioned that he could. Now, I’m not happy he transferred and I despise the transfer portal. I hate what it’s doing to the game primarily. However, it’s often not good for the transferees either. Nonetheless, I’m happy it has for Sanders … that’s all.

He’s now being talked about as a 1st round pick and I doubt that would have happened at Bama
Not sure I agree with this although there is no way to prove it. My agrument would have been he got a lot of playing time as a true freshman before the injury so as long as the injury did not impact him his production would have been high. Likely high enough to do just as well as he has done at Arkansas. Again no way to prove it but a player is a player. I will say he was one that left me scratching my head when he left. I for one was dissappointed when I saw that he was entering the transfer portal. Still wish he was at Bama.

Sanders did what's best for Sanders. The same way Saban did what's best for Saban when he left MIA, the same way Jalen did what was best for Jalen when he went for OU, and the same way most of us do whats best for us when trying to maximize our potential.

No telling how it would have shaken out for him had he stayed? He initially beat out Dallas Turner for the job. Turner did good things when Sanders was out... No telling how Sanders would have played if given the opportunity when back at full strength. If he hadn't gotten hurt, it could have just as easily been DT in the portal.

Also no telling what the convos were like with him and CNS after the season. Was it a "we are moving you inside"? Did he ask Sanders if he wanted to move inside? Was he told he could compete for a job at OLB? Or was it intimated that he's on the outside looking in regardless of position? I wasn't there - Don't know. I just don't think it's about "patience" or lack of "loyalty".... Who's going to be patient after they had already earned a starting spot and the market is offering more opportunity? Few and far in between in 2022. 🤷‍♂️

Loved the kid as a HS prospect and he had some nice moments at UA. I think he's ultimately going to be a long term NFL guy regardless of position, because he's so versatile and aggressive. When there's this much talent on one roster, some very talented players are bound to not work out. What's surprising to me is how rare it is to see UA transfers NOT have great success.... It seems like he's kind of been the exception.

Not sure I agree with this although there is no way to prove it. My agrument would have been he got a lot of playing time as a true freshman before the injury so as long as the injury did not impact him his production would have been high. Likely high enough to do just as well as he has done at Arkansas. Again no way to prove it but a player is a player. I will say he was one that left me scratching my head when he left. I for one was dissappointed when I saw that he was entering the transfer portal. Still wish he was at Bama.
Me too. The transfer portal and NIL are ruining the game I’ve loved since the 60’s. Saban tried to warn everyone about what both would mean to the game and got hammered for his trouble. History will prove him right.

This guy thinks the Sanders move is what's right about the portal.

I don't have an issue with the idea of a portal. I think you can get one opportunity to transfer, but other than that you're stuck. I am a firm believer in getting a second opportunity, and a portal allows that. Plenty of ways to make a wrong decision at 17-18 years old, and it should not direct your entire future. I do not like the idea of tampering, do not like the idea of NIL, and I do not like the continuation of being able to transfer. A player should not be punished for something an administration did or another player did (cheat or take money when it was illegal) and their playing career or postseason ability be in jeopardy. Sanders is exactly what is right about the portal, but unfortunately about 5% of the portal story. To'oto'to is a part of that 5% as well. Luke Ford is a major fail, moved due to sick family member and gets denied. Tate Martel hires a high priced attorney and gets approved, and then transfers another time. Justin Fields uses race and lawyer, gets approved. Jordan Addison and Caleb Williams is mainly what is happening now and is a drag on the sport as a whole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom