| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Anyone watch Halo?

Yes....I've also been playing the game since it came out back in the day...'01 I think it was. I thought the show was pretty good myself. It did get renewed another season.

Yes....I've also been playing the game since it came out back in the day...'01 I think it was. I thought the show was pretty good myself. It did get renewed another season.
I'm looking forward to the next season. I've played some with my kids over the past 10-15 years, so I was surprised to see a lot of folks online really bagging on the series. I figured everyone would be happy to see it, especially from what I saw in the first season.

Our only guess is that there is some deviation in the characters from what those that have played the game religiously for years may have expected?

What was with all the negative reviews last year when it came out?
From what I have seen, it is mostly people who loved the game series and the other media it has spawned who hated the show. This becomes a lot like Judge Dredd here but Master Chief should never remove the helmet. That was a huge one for some. And the whole story of Master Chief being stolen and turned into a super soldier was never in anything before. So they basically threw away well established canon and made their own fan fiction. Folks tend to not care for that. But overall it seems to be rated at like 50-70% approval depending on the score so it isn't universally hated. Remember that those who are loudest are the most passionate and often are just being pains.

From what I have seen, it is mostly people who loved the game series and the other media it has spawned who hated the show. This becomes a lot like Judge Dredd here but Master Chief should never remove the helmet. That was a huge one for some. And the whole story of Master Chief being stolen and turned into a super soldier was never in anything before. So they basically threw away well established canon and made their own fan fiction. Folks tend to not care for that. But overall it seems to be rated at like 50-70% approval depending on the score so it isn't universally hated. Remember that those who are loudest are the most passionate and often are just being pains.
On the + side. You knew playing the game, that Halsey was over the Spartans program. They've nailed her character in the show pretty close to the game, IMO

Back
Top Bottom