| FTBL Anyone remember....

Yes! Honestly I see the difference in the communication between the players. Watch UGA, 5-6 players signaling and knowing what is going on. We have 2-3 that understand. Im not sure if we are trying to do too much and UGA is keeping it more simple or it's better coaching.

I really wanted to to see Pete succeed and would love to see him still do it, but it seems like same thing each year and I'm losing faith. I will say IMO, Pruitt's D was better than both. I enjoyed how aggressive his defenses were and players were usually in the right spot.

But thats the Dude's opinion and its probably wrong, but I trust CNS and the progress. Roll Tide!!

When Bama played defense the way Georgia currently does?? Is it simply the fact that Kirby was that much better a DC than Golding?

Imagine last year and this year without a generational talent like Bryce.
Some on here say Georgia’s defense has lots of holes and are overrated because they haven’t played anyone. Not me … I, like you, think they’ve had better defenses than Bama several years in a row. Losing what they did on that side of the ball after last season yet playing the way they’re playing this season, shows just how well recruited, developed and coached they are.

I heard a question on a sports talk show this morning. How would Bama do against UGA and Ohio State if the games were played this weekend. Not many thought they’d be able to beat Ohio State and none thought they’d beat UGA. Personally, I think they could have beat OSU today. I seriously doubt they could beat UGA today. Now, Saban and his team have several weeks to get a lot better. Here’s hoping they do!

Some on here say Georgia’s defense has lots of holes and are overrated because they haven’t played anyone. Not me … I, like you, think they’ve had better defenses than Bama several years in a row. Losing what they did on that side of the ball after last season yet playing the way they’re playing this season, shows just how well recruited, developed and coached they are.

I heard a question on a sports talk show this morning. How would Bama do against UGA and Ohio State if the games were played this weekend. Not many thought they’d be able to beat Ohio State and none thought they’d beat UGA. Personally, I think they could have beat OSU today. I seriously doubt they could beat UGA today. Now, Saban and his team have several weeks to get a lot better. Here’s hoping they do!

I'm telling you, their secondary is weak and very susceptible. You do what Florida does and try going East and West and of course you get nothing, you go verticle and they are weak. Doesn't take much to see that over and over again. Hooker, the only quarterback of note they will face, will light them up, just watch. Bo Nix sucks, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Missouri, South Carolina, and everyone else has not had a good team or a quarterback that can throw the ball well, so that leads to no threat from any of those teams.

UGA’s defense is good, but I don’t get the feeling they’re as good as last year. Florida’s offense is very unimpressive. It’ll be interesting to see UGA’s defense go against the Vols’ offense next week.

And I agree, UGA’s secondary is certainly the weakness.

Bama put up 41 on that great Defense last year. I assume their D is similar this year so a good offense will score points on them. I worry more about our running game and defense than anything else. Not sure those will get fixed so I have am clinging to cleaning up the penalties as what will help this team more than anything .

With that said I think Georgia will put a beat down on the Viles in Athens. I still would like to see the Viles again this year to put things back in order but both have to get there and I think at least one will not . For Bama, the Who's will be a challenge down in Whoville. Need a healthy BY and a clean game (same as every game).

Still believe UGA will throttle Tennessee...I see them going ball control to keep the ball away from the Tennessee offense. Unlike us I believe UGA will force Tennessee to punt a couple of times.

When Bama played defense the way Georgia currently does?? Is it simply the fact that Kirby was that much better a DC than Golding?

Imagine last year and this year without a generational talent like Bryce.
You mean back in the teens?.... 13, 14, 15...etc etc etc.? Honestly believe if we didnt have Bryce this year would be ass end ugly.😁

I’d say if the Vols beat UGA next week, they’re probably a lock for the playoffs. They’re playing loose. They aren’t feeling any pressure at all.

We hear Saban talk about rat poison all the time…not going to really have that problem down the stretch this year. I like the position we’re in…not a lot of hype around us.

Gonna be interesting.

The Viles have not been in this positions for maaaaaany years. Their sphincter muscle is going to start tightening. Oh and their fans are becoming what I expected with a small amount of success. They are crowing like they walk on water.

Bama, who knows how we are going to respond. If history repeats we will be fine but this has been very odd with the number of penalties being waaaaay out of balance. Oh and not consistent running game.

I’d say if the Vols beat UGA next week, they’re probably a lock for the playoffs. They’re playing loose. They aren’t feeling any pressure at all.

We hear Saban talk about rat poison all the time…not going to really have that problem down the stretch this year. I like the position we’re in…not a lot of hype around us.

Gonna be interesting.
Still a lot has to happen.

Clemson..lin ACC and probably run table ....in
Osu/Michigan......winner runstable...in
Sec champion.....in
Tcu...loser Michigan-osu...pac12 champ...and then...loser of sec ccgame ( if uga or maybe tn)... but lots happens in final thirds

So someone will be fifth n beyond

SEC+ tomorrow (Florida)
SECN Thursday (Auburn, regular season finale.)

UGA’s defense is good, but I don’t get the feeling they’re as good as last year. Florida’s offense is very unimpressive. It’ll be interesting to see UGA’s defense go against the Vols’ offense next week.

And I agree, UGA’s secondary is certainly the weakness.

Best thing Georgia has going for them is the game is at home. That environment at Tennessee was wild. They won’t haft to deal with that aspect of the game. Which is a major plus.

When Eli Ricks played against MSU & dominated at that position, that was a sign to me that CNS is putting together his solution at beating UT.

Now they have to get the job against the rest of the competition. Get reps in, get more familiar with each other, practice 7 on 7's until they dream in 7's, & get mean... Then we'll be ready. I am 100% certain nobody is more pissed off than CNS with how his secondary got beat & now we'll see if these guys are coachable.

FWIW, I think UT beats UGA by two touchdowns. Stetson Bennet cannot win in a shootout, he'll start throwing picks.

I agree with this statement, but I do wish them enough luck to get past UGA. "If" we win the west, I like our chances against them in a rematch.
Yeah would be good to put things back right but I just can't pull for them. Some of the youngersters do not remember a relevent Vile program. There is no fanbase any worse than that bunch. People are about to see how over the top arrogant they will be. They have a hatred for Bama that means they will do anything to push bama down as far as they can even if it is backdoor illegal stuff.

Back
Top Bottom