| LIFE Anyone on this site nostalgic?

Petticoat Junction- Billie Jo, Betty Jo and Bobbie Jo

View attachment 11739

I had a six-month stint working in New York a few years ago. One evening I was wandering through Manhattan down in Chelsea and I came across a nice bar, figured I would go in for a beer. Only one stool was available in the bar, two old guys were talking to each other across it. One guy was pretty good size, spilling over in the space. I asked if they minded if I squeezed in, and asked if one of them wanted to change stools so they could talk their their friend. The old guys both shot back, "he's not my friend!", smirking. I was thrown in as the straight guy between these two jokesters, not a typical role for me. They cut up, alternatively attacking and bragging on each other, one guy was a former CFO of Philip Morris, and the CFO exclaimed "he's the movie star". He was the airplane pilot from Petticoat Junction who married Betty Jo on the show, and in real life. Those two guys were a hoot.

Anyone go see the Freedom Train from 1975-76? My wife won tickets from a radio station in Columbus, Ga.
The display cars were filled with over 500 precious treasures of Americana. Included in these diverse artifacts were George Washington's copy of the Constitution, the original Louisiana Purchase, Judy Garland's dress from The Wizard of OZ, Joe Frazier's boxing trunks, Martin Luther King's pulpit and robes, and even a rock from the moon. Also Wilt shoes size 15, Oakland A W.S. trophy. I wish we didn't lose the book we got and our tickets.

Back
Top Bottom