| FTBL Anybody Coming To Lexington For The Game?

We had planned on going before the season started but shortly after buying the tickets a lifelong friend of our son’s announced he was getting married the same day. It’s all good though. We were able to give our tickets to some friends who aren’t able to attend many games. They’re converted Bama fans (from UGA) who have never been to a road game. It’s amazing they haven’t reverted back to being UGA fans with all of the pups recent successes.

Plus, having the ability to record games on a DVR that look exactly the same as live makes it much easier to digest when you can’t see the game live. Us old folks thought being able to record games on a DVD player was the bomb in the 80’s and early 90’s. Though no matter how good a DVD player we bought, they never looked as good as watching a game live. However, it beat the hell out of not being able to watch the game at all if you couldn’t see it live like in the 60’s and 70’s! I vividly remember the times we couldn’t wait to see some small glimpses of game film on Coach Bryant’s weekly TV show. And I can’t tell you how many Bama games we listened to on the radio because that was the only option if you weren’t at the game. And that was no easy feat living in Georgia. So my dad finally got tired of the awful weak signals that made listening to the game an effort in futility. So, he put a radio antenna array on our roof that looked like some failed NASA project. The neighbors hated it but too bad they were all UGA fans anyway … except one who was an obnoxious Tennessee fan. We had such a ball with him during the run Coach Bryant had against his beloved vile’s.

We had planned on going before the season started but shortly after buying the tickets a lifelong friend of our son’s announced he was getting married the same day. It’s all good though. We were able to give our tickets to some friends who aren’t able to attend many games. They’re converted Bama fans (from UGA) who have never been to a road game. It’s amazing they haven’t reverted back to being UGA fans with all of the pups recent successes.
Assuming this friend's son doesn't understand Bama football? My SIL did the same thing some years back (during the Shula era, so she was forgiven). Bama played Miss. State that day, lost 24-16. I told here it was her fault and the marriage wouldn't last ( I was seriously kidding), The marriage didn't make it a year. She blamed me and I told her, you were in the MDB for God sake, what did you expect? :p 😬

Plus, having the ability to record games on a DVR that look exactly the same as live makes it much easier to digest when you can’t see the game live. Us old folks thought being able to record games on a DVD player was the bomb in the 80’s and early 90’s. Though no matter how good a DVD player we bought, they never looked as good as watching a game live. However, it beat the hell out of not being able to watch the game at all if you couldn’t see it live like in the 60’s and 70’s! I vividly remember the times we couldn’t wait to see some small glimpses of game film on Coach Bryant’s weekly TV show. And I can’t tell you how many Bama games we listened to on the radio because that was the only option if you weren’t at the game. And that was no easy feat living in Georgia. So my dad finally got tired of the awful weak signals that made listening to the game an effort in futility. So, he put a radio antenna array on our roof that looked like some failed NASA project. The neighbors hated it but too bad they were all UGA fans anyway … except one who was an obnoxious Tennessee fan. We had such a ball with him during the run Coach Bryant had against his beloved vile’s.

Not only on radio...but on that skip signal...game in and out...
And tried hooking to tv antenna...like ur dad did
Layingon floor trying to fine tune over n over.....so to get a few plays...

In Washington ( state) i didn't even know who won till sunday morning...and yakima newspaper....had scores...just score!!!!!!!!!!

Now...have missed 1 game since 07....

Assuming this friend's son doesn't understand Bama football? My SIL did the same thing some years back (during the Shula era, so she was forgiven). Bama played Miss. State that day, lost 24-16. I told here it was her fault and the marriage wouldn't last ( I was seriously kidding), The marriage didn't make it a year. She blamed me and I told her, you were in the MDB for God sake, what did you expect? :p 😬

Too funny! I didn’t mention it but my wife and I got married in November. Almost all of my groomsmen were UGA fans and our wedding took place during the UGA v GT game. We were all deer hunters so my wife and my mother-in-laws decision to have the wedding during the rut on top of having it during the Clean Old Fashion Hate game didn’t set well with a lot of my friends. Even worse, it was also held in the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. I asked my soon to be lovely wife if any of those things had occurred to her and her mom before deciding on that day of all days? She said “Yes to Thanksgiving but no to the other two … but if you don’t like it you can take over planning and setting up the wedding”. I of course, immediately changed the subject!

Not only on radio...but on that skip signal...game in and out...
And tried hooking to tv antenna...like ur dad did
Layingon floor trying to fine tune over n over.....so to get a few plays...

In Washington ( state) i didn't even know who won till sunday morning...and yakima newspaper....had scores...just score!!!!!!!!!!

Now...have missed 1 game since 07....

From reading your comments over the past few years, it seems apparent we’ve shared a whole lot of the same Bama experiences. No other fans for any other teams can say what we can “Bama has won 13 National Championships in our lifetimes”! That’s truly an amazing fact … and it’s been such a blessing for old rabid Bama fans like us!

From reading your comments over the past few years, it seems apparent we’ve shared a whole lot of the same Bama experiences. No other fans for any other teams can say what we can “Bama has won 13 National Championships in our lifetimes”! That’s truly an amazing fact … and it’s been such a blessing for old rabid Bama fans like us!
Count me in this too!

These are the National Championships in my lifteme - 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020. The first two I do not recall but from 73 on I do. Really amazing, it is great to be a Bama fan....

These are the National Championships in my lifteme - 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020. The first two I do not recall but from 73 on I do. Really amazing, it is great to be a Bama fan....
Me too! I really started pulling for Bama in 1965!

We have. Yep. Maybe old...but sometimes....great memories help with that knee or back hurting...lol

Back
Top Bottom