| FTBL Anybody got anymore info on this?

It's nothing to be concerned about. It's Ian digging for a story.

In a nutshell...someone running his mouth and saying things he shouldn't...he was dealt with...the police were involved but said it's nothing.

Seriously, it's just Ian digging for something and all he's going to end up with is a hole he'll have to fill back up again.

I hope he's into Zen.

TerryP said:
It's nothing to be concerned about. It's Ian digging for a story.

In a nutshell...someone running his mouth and saying things he shouldn't...he was dealt with...the police were involved but said it's nothing.

Seriously, it's just Ian digging for something and all he's going to end up with is a hole he'll have to fill back up again.

I hope he's into Zen.

I think he actually got his lead from the barner message boards...no joke.

No arrests were made in the fight between a fraternity and the whole d*mn WR group at FSU a few days ago, and now 5 are suspended for the game this weekend. I don't think Saban is a sweep it under the rug type guy, so we will here more about this probably soon.

UA police investigating....

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/11/ua_police_investigating_alterc.html

UA police investigating altercation that involved football player
Posted by Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register November 14, 2008 1:12 PM
Categories: Football
University of Alabama police are "investigating a verbal exchange between a football player and two members of Delta Tau Delta fraternity that escalated into a fight in the area between Bryant Hall and the fraternity house on the corner of Jefferson Ave and 4th Street on Thursday evening," per a statement released through the university's media relations staff.

According to police, one student sustained minor injuries and refused medical treatment. At this point, no charges have been filed and no arrests have been made.

Federal privacy laws restrict the university from releasing the name of the football player.

More on this story as it develops ...

BAMA JAMMA said:
Just what we need. Some frat boys running off their mouth to some of the players. :roll:

Typical frat boys. they run off at the mouth at everybody. I beat the living snot out of two of them from an Aub fratm about 4 years ago at a waffel house in East Montgomery. On a wed. night these two jerks in the booth in front of me were giving the staff a hard time. and the place was packed. they were doing the best they could...but when they started in with the vulgar insults and the "N" word at my waitress (who was outstanding depite the rush) i called em on it. words were exchanged and i invited the 2 young men out side for a private chat.

One of them took the 1st swing....with 7 witnesess looking on. big mistake. After talking to the cops....i went home, one went to the hospital...the other to jail.

While i'm sure under normal conditions these guys were ok ppl (despite being Aubs) I'm the type person who dispises injustice of any kind. I can't save the world...but i can certainly use the 6 years i studied Wing Chun to teach to punks a leasson.

not all frat kids are bad...but some are....well. you know.

I don't think there's anything to it. Ian NEEDS to get a life. He's fishing for a story on this only becuse the team is doing so well...he's looking for a leg up therefore if he breaks a story on this it will got nations wide. and he thinks he'll get noticed by the big boys. So he's fishing....and the only thing that stinks worse than his bait is his reporting.

TWJUA said:
No arrests were made in the fight between a fraternity and the whole d*mn WR group at FSU a few days ago, and now 5 are suspended for the game this weekend. I don't think Saban is a sweep it under the rug type guy, so we will here more about this probably soon.

This is quite possibly the worst comparison of two situations I've ever seen.

TerryP said:

The link to the story is to a blog posted by Gentry Estes not Ian, but I do see other reports on the situation from Ian. Even so, don't think you can blame the nerdy stupid question asking reporter for reporting this. If Rolando was involved in an altercation with two fraternity brothers, I'm sure it was provoked by them and this is a none issue at least from Rolando's perspective. The fraternity on the other hand, well maybe they should be shown the door.

elbatider said:
TerryP said:

The link to the story is to a blog posted by Gentry Estes not Ian, but I do see other reports on the situation from Ian. Even so, don't think you can blame the nerdy stupid question asking reporter for reporting this. If Rolando was involved in an altercation with two fraternity brothers, I'm sure it was provoked by them and this is a none issue at least from Rolando's perspective. The fraternity on the other hand, well maybe they should be shown the door.

Ian. Gentry. Two peas from the same pod.

I haven't assigned any blame to a reporter for this. I put the story in its context. There are reporters digging for what they think may be a story when in reality there isn't one here.

I haven't looked to AL.com for "news" in years because of their incessant need to fuel as much fire as possible...not to mention the blatant absence of facts in a good majority of their submissions.

Just this past week a story was considered "news worthy" when the police in T-town told a group in one of our players' car they needed to turn the radio down. Understand, the player wasn't even in the car, he was at home, but that story made its way into print in a North Alabama newspaper.

Both stories, a waste of paper and ink. We've had an ongoing discussion of this story long before this thread was posted. None of us considered it worth of a post here...and if we did, we would have shared it very early this morning.

I view this story, with accounts shared very soon after the ordeal happened and from people who were there, as a non-issue.

It's game day...

This is nothing. So let get back tonight game. Let beat Miss St and stop this losing streak with them.
GO BAMA BEAT MISS ST!!!!!

Ok I talked to someone in DTD and this is what I was told:

A football player, who wont be named, left the party and was in his car drive on the street in between the frat house and bryant hall. One of the frat guys walked out in front of him, the player came close to hitting him but didn't. The frat guy than drops the N word, the player gets out the frat guy take a swing, misses, than the player hit him and it was all broke up.

This is what someone who was in DTD told me but who knows it could all be rumors....

JacobGibson05 said:
Ok I talked to someone in DTD and this is what I was told:

A football player, who wont be named, left the party and was in his car drive on the street in between the frat house and bryant hall. One of the frat guys walked out in front of him, the player came close to hitting him but didn't. The frat guy than drops the N word, the player gets out the frat guy take a swing, misses, than the player hit him and it was all broke up.

This is what someone who was in DTD told me but who knows it could all be rumors....

let it go; it's old news--heck even the barners have the details posted on their site.

Back
Top Bottom