| FTBL Antoine Caldwell

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
Each year before football season starts, I always pick my favorite player for the year. Last year it was Wallace Gilberry, because of his heart and leadership. This year I am going with Antoine Caldwell. I think this is one special player for the Crimson Tide. I like his determination, guts, leadership abilities, and attitude.

His interview with Under the Lights really impressed me, along with Rashads. Antoine represents Alabama like a champ, and I wish nothing but the best for this young man.

Looking forward to seeing Mr. Caldwell dominating on the field!

Whom do y'all pick as your favorite this year?

Bama1966 said:
Each year before football season starts, I always pick my favorite player for the year. Last year it was Wallace Gilberry, because of his heart and leadership. This year I am going with Antoine Caldwell. I think this is one special player for the Crimson Tide. I like his determination, guts, leadership abilities, and attitude.

His interview with Under the Lights really impressed me, along with Rashads. Antoine represents Alabama like a champ, and I wish nothing but the best for this young man.

Not a bad pick there at all. I was also very impressed with him on that show. He was the most vocal player on the field. You can tell that he wants the identity of this team to be winners.

I'm going to go with JPW though this year I think he will have a breakout year and prove the naysayers wrong. At least I hope so. (che)

tidenumber1 said:
Bama1966 said:

Not a bad pick there at all. I was also very impressed with him on that show. He was the most vocal player on the field. You can tell that he wants the identity of this team to be winners.

I'm going to go with JPW though this year I think he will have a breakout year and prove the naysayers wrong. At least I hope so. (che)

JPW is a senior QB so he needs to step up big time. Im hoping Terry Grant can be a big part of alabamas success next year though.

tidenumber1 said:
Bama1966 said:

JPW is a senior QB so he needs to step up big time. I have a feeling Terry Grant is going to step up big time.

Oh and cant forget about arenas how many times did he set the tone in the game last year.

I believe Grant and Arenas become a big part of the team next year.

tidenumber1 said:
Bama1966 said:

JPW is a senior QB so he needs to step up big time. I have a feeling Terry Grant is going to step up big time.

Oh and cant forget about arenas how many times did he set the tone in the game last year.

I believe Grant and Arenas become a big part of the team this year.

I'm with Porter. Rashad all the way. To walk on because he wanted to be at Bama says it all to me. That is awesome commitment and determination. He truely loves that place as much if not more than the rest of us.

I'm with Kirk on this one (except I always look for one on both sides of the ball.)

This season rests on how well our OL comes together and there isn't a more critical position than center. So, it falls on Antoine.

On D, I'm with Rashad as well considering we'll spend a lot of time in the nickel package and he'll be calling the coverage sets.

I don't think you will find 2 better leaders than Rashad and Antoine. I hope they both have monster years. I think JPW will do much better this year but he just does not have leader mentality to me.

In response to Antoine . . .

I think he is a great choice for Captain! As a matter of fact, he is already engraved in Alabama Tradition, literally.(Hope they changed the incorrect spelling of his name at Denny Chimes, lol!)

He is a vocal leader and I feel he came back to lead the OL to bigger and better things. He is incredible in workouts and drills. You got to love the comment he made on "Under the Lights" about the DL not bringing that nonsense his way. His leadership is a must and a plus.

Re: In response to Antoine . . .

aMAZEnFan said:
I think he is a great choice for Captain! As a matter of fact, he is already engraved in Alabama Tradition, literally.(Hope they changed the incorrect spelling of his name at Denny Chimes, lol!)

He is a vocal leader and I feel he came back to lead the OL to bigger and better things. He is incredible in workouts and drills. You got to love the comment he made on "Under the Lights" about the DL not bringing that nonsense his way. His leadership is a must and a plus.

He's always been a talker but it's different this year compared to last. Now, and throughout the spring, I've wondered how much influence Scott Cochran has had on AC.

I'm like Terry. I always find a player on both sides of the ball.

Rashad for Defense
and Caldwell on offense.

(I'm wondering if Randy will pick Ray Hudson again :wink: :D )

Re: In response to Antoine . . .

TerryP said:
aMAZEnFan said:

He's always been a talker but it's different this year compared to last. Now, and throughout the spring, I've wondered how much influence Scott Cochran has had on AC.

Yeah, TP, Cochran yells all the time, "How bad do you want it?!!!" Surely, that has sunk in with Antoine.

I'm goin with 2 on defense and offense. On defense, Rashad and Rolando McClain. I admire Rashad's love for Bama. And I think R. McClain has a lot of heart and grit. He's a great linebacker, especially with the year he had as a freshman. I think he'll make a huge impact. And on offense, I gotta go with A.C. too. He's like the General of the squad. A good motivator. And the other, I'll take a chance on considering last year wasn't a GREAT year for him; JPW. I have alot of faith that he'll bring it this year as a senior under a new OC. Last year, I was a bit of a critic on how JPW played. But, I look at the good things he did in 07 too. So that gives me alot of hope for him. And I'll throw in one more I can't wait to see. Javier Arenas. He's awesome on special teams. I can't wait to see how he uses that speed on defense.

aMAZEnFan said:
TigerBait3 said:
Did they ever fix AC's name under Denny Chimes?

Reminds me of the Chefs/Cheifs commercial - "Great googly moogly. " :D

Did you find this place all by yourself or did you get a little help???

I invited him. He's a tiger fan, yes. But, grew up and knows a lot of people in the Mobile area...also is a student at UA and I've seen him post things that weren't wide spread news around the 'net about Bama and he was spot on.

aMAZEnFan said:
TigerBait3 said:
Did they ever fix AC's name under Denny Chimes?

Reminds me of the Chefs/Cheifs commercial - "Great googly moogly. " :D

Did you find this place all by yourself or did you get a little help???
Ive known Terry for a while and he invited me. I really like and prefer this Bama site over the others, btw.

TigerBait3 said:
Ive known Terry for a while and he invited me. I really like and prefer this Bama site over the others, btw.
Great to have you between us and always is fine to have different point of views, even when those come from the rival. :wink:

RTR,

Back
Top Bottom