| FTBL Anniston to Tuscaloosa?

G

With the early game looks like I'll need a hotel room this Friday night. I always try to stay at a Marriott hotel, Courtyard, Residence Inn, etc... if possible. The best deal they have for Friday is a brand new C'yard in Anniston.

I'm sure there is a way to figure this out on the internet, but does anyone remember the driving time from Anniston to Tuscaloosa. Thanks!!

Atlanta_Tider said:
rick4bama said:
BamaDelta don't forget about the road work. I-20 is alway being work on.
Rick , belive it or not the worst part right now is on the GA side (for the 1st time in my life!)

It is really Frigged up in Ga right now. Whats up with coming toward the Bama line where you have to choose which side of the median you wish to drive??

We went that way to Jax and and I awoke to see 18 wheelers heading right at me :cry:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
rick4bama said:
Rick , belive it or not the worst part right now is on the GA side (for the 1st time in my life!)

It is really Frigged up in Ga right now. Whats up with coming toward the Bama line where you have to choose which side of the median you wish to drive??

We went that way to Jax and and I awoke to see 18 wheelers heading right at me :cry:
They tore up the actual footing under the freeway to repave it , not add lanes, just to repave. This way they can shut it down at night and work on it while keeping traffic flowing as well. Its a damn mess and you really have to pay close attention while driving! Costs me about 25 minutes on my way to Bama now :?

BamaDelta said:
With the early game looks like I'll need a hotel room this Friday night. I always try to stay at a Marriott hotel, Courtyard, Residence Inn, etc... if possible. The best deal they have for Friday is a brand new C'yard in Anniston.

I'm sure there is a way to figure this out on the internet, but does anyone remember the driving time from Anniston to Tuscaloosa. Thanks!!

Anniston is my hometown. :)

I just drove from Anniston to Tuscaloosa today. It takes a little over two hours.

bamatommy said:
BamaDelta said:

I just drove from Anniston to Tuscaloosa today. It takes a little over two hours.
Did you drive all backroads?

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
rick4bama said:

True that. That was killer...

Atlanta_Tider said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
rick4bama said:

They tore up the actual footing under the freeway to repave it , not add lanes, just to repave. This way they can shut it down at night and work on it while keeping traffic flowing as well. Its a damn mess and you really have to pay close attention while driving! Costs me about 25 minutes on my way to Bama now :?

Lickily for me, being in Newnan, I usually hook up with 20 only about 5 or 10 miles away from the state line, so I miss most of that. There was a little construction around Anniston a few months ago, but that seems to be mostly gone now.

RollTideRandy said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
rick4bama said:

Lickily for me, being in Newnan, I usually hook up with 20 only about 5 or 10 miles away from the state line, so I miss most of that. There was a little construction around Anniston a few months ago, but that seems to be mostly gone now.

Yeah, the construction near Eastaboga is done, speed limit has been raised back to 70, but it remains a posted construction zone, so speeding through there might be a bit more expensive.

I went to Vestavia Friday for a new bank opening, and there was a sign on the GA stretch that said a lane shift would be occurring this week, so be on the lookout when you go through there. They are just about done reworking the westbound lanes, so they may be shifting them (and one eastbound land) back to their side.

Back to the original question of time from Anniston to Tuscaloosa, it's easily doable in less than two hours if you're just running from exit to exit. Delta, if the hotel is in Anniston proper (instead of Oxford along the interstate) then you'll need to add time to get back along Quintard. If you're actually in Anniston, there used to be a good bakery on Quintard right downtown. Otherwise, you've got a good selection of generic places to eat near the two Oxford/Anniston exits along the interstate. The largest freestanding Mellow Mushroom I've seen is near the Cracker Barrel.

As to travel time on Saturday, you'll have all gameday traffic coming from the same direction once you get to Bham, so plan accordingly. The day of the Houston game, I was shocked to see them actually working on the highway in the construction zone between ham and tusk.

RTR,

Tim

I have made that drive ALOT since I work in Anniston.

It takes me about 2 hours driving about 5 mph over the speed limmit. There is a little construction slow down between Talledega and Moody so that might slow you down during the day.

Thanks guys! My youngest is playing a baseball game Friday night. If I stay to see it I probably won't want to drive any further than Anniston.

My husband wants me to stay in B'ham, but he won't be with me and so won't have to drive late. He thinks I'll be much better off in the morning being that much closer to Tuscaloosa. I agree with that....we'll see.

If you stay in Birmingham be sure to get off exit 97 that morning coming to t town. Once you get off of 97 take a left and keep going straight and you will run right into the stadium. I am sure you already knew that though :shock:

Atlanta_Tider said:
bamatommy said:
BamaDelta said:

Did you drive all backroads?

I normally stay on I-459 and then I-20/59. But there are several alternate routes. Yesterday when I was coming back, I took exit 100 on I-20/59. It's the Abernant/Buckville exit. It takes you to 15th street. It's a little longer than if you stayed on the interstate, but would probably be quicker if there was a lot of traffic.

Back
Top Bottom