| RECRUIT Andrew Bone: Bama welcomed a tremendous amount of talent to Bryant Denny.

Bamabww

Bench Warmer
The Alabama coaching staff welcomed a tremendous amout of talent in Tuscaloosa for the 38-17 victory against LSU. The atmosphere caught the attention of all the prospects who returned for another game this season and especially those who visited for the first time.

Leonard Fournette, five-star running back from St. Augustine High School in New Orleans, La., took an unofficial visit. It was his first trip back to Tuscaloosa since August. Fournette hasn't talked about the trip. I have been told it could not have gone any better. He was very impressed with everything he saw on Saturday night. He had a lot of players trying to recruit him especially Tide commitment, Cameron Robinson. Alabama made up significant ground in the race. This is not to say Alabama has taken the lead for the nation's top running back, but it's a lot closer than many believe at this point. He will return for an official visit, likely in January, before announcing his decision.

Bo Scarbrough, Rivals100 athelte from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., returned to Alabama on Saturday for the third time this fall. He has taken official visits to UCLA, Ole Miss and Notre Dame. He isn't going to any of those schools. Bo was in Tuscaloosa for the Tenneesee game heavily recruiting Da'Shawn Hand. I spoke with someone very close with Bo this week. He may take a few more trips to enjoy the process, but there isn't much concern he will go elsewhere.

Roc Thomas, Rivals100 running back and Auburn commitment from Oxford High School in Ala., is very firm with his commtiment to the Tigers. Alabama has remained in contact, but not so much as to make him a bigger priority than Fournette. He is the top priority for Auburn. I think he is a five-star caliber back based on what I have seen. Fournette is a once every 10-year type of back. He is in the Adrian Peterson category coming out of high school. Roc has basically shut down his recruitment.

Johnnie Dixon, four-star wide receiver from Dwyer High School in West Palm Beach, Fla., took an official visit to Alabama. Dixon hasn't talked about his trip yet. I have heard the visit went extremely well. He is Alabama's top remaining target at receiver. UA wants a slot player in this class and feel good about its chances since he attended camp in June. The chances have increased especially after the weekend visit. The contenders include Alabama, Miami and Ohio State. Most expect him to stay closer to home, but Alabama has plenty of success in south Florida. Dixon will announce his decison on November 30. This is a very tight race between the Tide and Hurricanes.

It was a very good weekend for the Crimson Tide getting these two players on campus: Matt Elam, four-star defensive tackle from John Hardin High School in Elizabethtown, Ky., and Charles Mosley, three-star offensive tackle from Brighton High School in Tenn.

This was Elam's first-ever game experience in Tuscaloosa. He was blown away. I've said for a while his decision will come down to Alabama and Kentucky. I have also said it will become tough for him to turn down his home-state school. I do think the pressure will become very intense down the stretch. He will take an official visit to Alabama on December 13. I think that will just about wrap things up. He will announce his decision at the U.S. Army All-American game.

Mosley named Tennessee his leader in August. He has stated it will become tough for him to say no to the Vols. He hasn't talked since the visit on Saturday, but I do think Alabama has pulled even. This is a very close race. He is a priority prospect for Alabama despite what anyone else decides to do.

Elisha Shaw, four-star defensive tackle from Tucker High School in Atlanta, Ga., returned to Tuscaloosa after naming Alabama his favorite a few weeks ago. He is expected to announce his decision at the U.S. Army All-American game. Alabama will continue to monitor his neck injury which sidelined him during the senior season and his academic standing. Shaw indicates he can commit anywhere whenever he is ready.

Abu Lamin, four-star defensive tackle from Fort Scott Community College in Kansas, reported for the past few months he would take his final official visit to Alabama. He visited Tennessee on Saturday. The Vols didn't do anything to help its chances in flipping the South Carolina commitment. Expect Lamin to keep to his pledge with the Gamecocks.

Alabama continues to strengthen its chances with Hootie Jones, Rivals100 safety from Neville High School in Monroe, La., and C.J. Hampton, four-star safety from Meridian High School in Miss.

Jones returned to Tuscaloosa for the second time this fall while Hampton made his third trip on Saturday. The two have become close during the recruiting process. It started when they spent four days at Alabama in June working out at the Tide's camp.

Hootie is scheduled to announce his decision on November 27. It may change in order for Hootie to bring his
mother to Tuscaloosa before announcing his decision. He will visit LSU on November 23.

Hampton remains committed to Ole Miss, but he will return to Alabama on December 13 (tentative) for an official visit. He will announce a final decision at the U.S. Army game. There is a good chance, a very good chance both end up in this class.

Stephen Roberts, four-star cornerback from Opelika High School in Ala., attended his third Alabama game on Saturday night. He plans to go to Auburn this weekend, and again for the Iron Bowl. He will make eight visits to Auburn this fall before taking his official visit in January. Roberts says his commitment to Alabama remains solid. Alabama needs defensive backs in this class and really can't afford to lose any.

Marlon Humphrey, five-star cornerback from Hoover High School in Ala., returned to Tuscaloosa for the third time this fall. He will definitely return to UA and FSU for official visits before making a decision. Humphrey doesn't like to talk to the media. He told me recently he really doesn't want to discuss his recruitment until after he makes a decision. Alabama and FSU are extremely close right now. A lot of things going in FSU's favor especially with two of its DBs (Ronald Darby, Jalen Ramsey) on the track team. He knows he can definitely play football and run track in Tallahassee. The same goes for Alabama, but I don't think he is completely sold on it yet.

Tony Brown, five-star cornerback from Ozen High School in Beaumont, Texas, was in Tuscaloosa for an official. He traveled with his mom. Brown will also run track. He and his mom had a chance to spend a lot of time with the track coach during their visit. Alabama made a very strong impression. The staff has done a great job recruiting him the past several months especially with his father situation (suffered a stroke last year). Alabama had a Skype conversation with the entire family back in May which I am told really helped its chances. It was one of the first times his father had interacted with any coaching staff. Most assume LSU is the team to beat. I know people close to Tony who believe Texas A&M has the upper hand. It's been a close race between those two programs, but Alabama is definitely in the mix. It may be too far from home though especially with his father's situation, but his family wants him to make the best decision for his career. They are open to him going anywhere.

So what will Alabama do if they miss on Humphrey, Brown and possibly lose Roberts? Still other options out there.

Jalen Tabor, five-star cornerback from Friendship Collegiate Academy in Washington D.C., took an official visit to Maryland this past weekend. He will visit Alabama on December 13. An announcement is likely at the Under Armour All-America game. Alabama has a great shot to steal him away from Maryland. The Terps have the lead, but their season isn't going according to plan. I am told his mom is in favor of him playing close to home while his dad wants him at Alabama. His parents are divorced.

Another possibility is Duke Dawson, four-star cornerback and Florida commitment from Dixie County High School in Cross City, Fla. He was in Tuscaloosa on Saturday for an unofficial visit. The Tide certainly impressed, while the Gators lost to Vanderbilt at home. Muschamp's seat is probably very hot right now.

The trio of Marshon Lattimore, Rivals100 athlete, Marcelys Jones, four-star offensive tackle, and Erick Smith, four-star safety from Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ohio, will officially visit Alabama on December 13. Alabama's interest level in Lattimore and Jones is extremely high. The staff wants another offensive tackle in this class. Jones is high on the board. Nick Saban was very impressed with Lattimore during the camp in July. He is definitely a player Alabama will take if he wants to commit. Glenville is a feeder school to Ohio State, and Jones remains committed to the Buckeyes. Most believe Lattimore and Smith will follow. Let's see how the official visits go.

A couple of visitors who took their first trip to Tuscaloosa this fall on Saturday night were Rashaan Evans, Rivals100 linebacker from Auburn High School in Ala., and Josh Frazier,four-star defensive tackle from Har-Ber High School in Springdale, Ark.

Evans continues to see his stock soar. He is one of the best defensive players in the country. Auburn was always considered the team to beat, but he wanted to see how the Tigers performed on the field this fall. Georgia took a slight lead during the summer. Alabama wasn't on his short list until a trip to Tuscaloosa in July. The Tide has continued to move up on the list. Auburn and Georgia still have an edge, but Alabama is gaining momentum as a possible darkhorse for his signature. His decision will come down to the official vists.

Frazier traveled to Tuscaloosa on Saturday, but this was the first time his mom came with him. His mom is the ultimate factor in his decision. She has preferred him staying closer to home (Arkansas or Texas A&M). She enjoyed the trip, and will return with Frazier for his official visit. The thought right now is Arkansas and Texas A&M remain out front.

Can Alabama sign the No. 1 player in the country finally? Well, they may already have him on board in Cameron Robinson. The rankings may change. He is currently No. 3.

Da'Shawn Hand, five-star defensive end from Woodbridge High School in Va., will announce his decision at noon (EST) on Thursday. Hand's finalists are Alabama, Florida and Michigan. Florida didn't do enough this past weekend to become a threat to Michigan. The Wolverines have been the favorite for the past few months, and Alabama did a tremendous job. Every source close to Hand has indicated Alabama made this decision very tough, but most believe he still announces his commitment to Michigan.

Raekwon McMillan, five-star linebacker from Liberty County High School in Hinesville, Ga., was also in town this past weekend for an official visit. McMillan has been high on Alabama's wish list for several months. They want another linebacker in this class with McMillan at the top of the board. Ohio State remains confident he becomes a Buckeye.

It's been very tough to reach any of the California prospects. It's doesn't mean the trip didn't go well.

Viane Talamaivao, Rivals100 offensive guard from Centennial High School in Corona, Calif., and his family were blown away by everything they saw in Tuscaloosa. It was Talamaivao's first visit to Alabama and his last time before signing day. A trip to USC in January is still expected. He remains in contact with the USC staff on a regular basis. He and his family love Alabama after the visit. This is still one to watch in the next few months.

I have been told Damien Mama, Rivals100 offensive tackle from St. John Bosco Prep in Bellflower, Calif., had a really good time. It's obvious Alabama wants another tackle in this class. Mama's high school coaches worked the Tide's camp in July. He may stay on the West Coast, but Alabama has made a very strong impression on him and his coaching staff.

Another commitment to keep a very close watch is Christian Miller, Rivals100 linebacker from Spring Valley High School in Columbia, S.C. Miller has yet to visit Alabama since July. He skipped the LSU game to attend his second Georgia game of the season. There are some strong rumors Miller will flip to the Bulldogs in order to stay closer to home. Those rumors definitely have legs. Alabama will continue to battle to keep Miller in this class.

Alabama has five commitments in the 2015 class. Ricky Town was the only one not in Tuscaloosa on Saturday night.

Daron Payne, four-star defensive tackle from Shades Valley High School in Ala., may end up a top 10 player in the country. He is a heavy lean to Alabama.

Will Gragg, four-star tight end from Pine Bluff High School in Ark., came very close to committing to Alabama on Saturday night. Alabama leads for the Arkansas legacy.

Rico McGraw, four-star cornerback from Ensworth High School in Nashville, Tenn., may announce as early as the spring. He traveled to Tuscaloosa on Saturday with his parents who are both in heavy favor of Alabama. I expect him in Alabama's class.

Drew Richmond, four-star offensive tacke from Memphis University School in Tenn., and Javon Patterson, four-star offensive guard from Petal High School in Miss., are very high on Alabama after multiple trips to Tuscaloosa this fall. I hear the Alabama staff feels very good about its chances with Patterson who is an absolute stud on the interior.

I expect Lester Cotton, offensive guard from Central High School in Tuscaloosa to become a commtiment shortly after signing day.

http://alabama.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?style=2&MID=194345720&TID=194345720&FID=427&SID=885

Back
Top Bottom