| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC American Sniper

The book is excellent, I highly recommend it.

I was kinda disappointed in the movie though, not so much as an adaptation of the book per say but as an individual piece of film. It really doesn't scratch much below the surface, by which I mean it's kind of a shallow, one-dimensional film, when it really has so much potential. It's a solid B- in my humble opinion, but as I mentioned on another post, go see it if only for the sake of Bradley Cooper. He is generating some Oscar buzz, though I think at this point Keaton is considered the favorite for Best Actor. This is Cooper's best performance yet IMHO.

Re: the article, the infamous Jesse Ventura incident is mentioned .. Looks like Ventura won the defamation lawsuit. I didn't realize there'd been a conclusion.

It's a damn shame the way Chris Kyle was forced to leave this world. May he rest in peace.

They didn't film the BUD/s scene (early in the movie) at BUD/s in Coronado, the water isn't that close to the grinder like they make it out to be, there aren't any rocks in the water, and there aren't any cliffs like that on Coronado.

Also interesting that they didn't talk about Craft International.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom