| PRO Alvin Kamara and what he learned at Bama

Alvin Kamara credits failure at Alabama for NFL success - al.com

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution had named Kamara as Georgia’s Mr. Football, but when he got to Alabama, Kamara said he found while he had been “a pit bull around chihuahuas in high school, and now it’s all pit bulls, and some of the pit bulls is bigger than me, so like I’m still barking, but I’m like, ‘OK, I got to bark a little bit louder or I got to do a little bit more.’ And then I ended up getting injured during camp and kind of really didn’t know how to deal with that. My mind was immature, and I did a lot of immature things. …

“I take full responsibility. It was immaturity. It wasn’t nothing about coach (Nick) Saban not liking me, (running-backs) coach (Burton) Burns not liking me. It was completely my fault.”

Going to Tennessee....was bad....i had to listen to how greata player they stole from bama........several...many..to often...at high school games....at the bank...in restaurants...

glad he turned out to be a real decent person and a heck of a RB...

Going to Tennessee....was bad....i had to listen to how greata player they stole from bama........several...many..to often...at high school games....at the bank...in restaurants...

glad he turned out to be a real decent person and a heck of a RB...
Yep and was not "good enough" to start at Bama. Did you ever tell the Vile fans that? Of course I am using "good enough" broadly.

It takes a man to admit that something was his fault. Loved the fact that he did not put blame on anyone but himself. Good read and AK has matured a lot since his time at Bama. I wish him well.

Back
Top Bottom