| NEWS Albert Haynesworth calls for boycott of Tennessee Vols football for 'systematic racism' - KnoxNews

When Croom interviewed and was asked what his plan was for the program he didn't have an answer. In an interview, for a job, he didn't have an answer.

That's not racism.
Heard an interview with Finebaum recently where he said he talked to Croom about progress on racism and not a direct quote but it was to the effect that Croom did not feel like any progress had been made. This was broader than just sports but more about racism in America. Do not recall where I saw this but I found is surprising that from Croom's perspective things have not improved.

Not sure that it would take Croom to be a subject matter expert. Sorry but truth is, racism is probably worse today because it's not limited to one sector. Just ask me about my white privilege which is horse shit. I have had to scratch and claw my whole life to be comfortable. Yet I'm told any achievement I have made is due some special consideration? Racism cuts both ways, especially if you hold conservative beliefs.

Tell you what. Try moving to the midwest and keep your southern accent. See where it gets you. Did it for 4 years before I moved back south.

Certainly didnt turn out to be good....
But things were bad at time...probation.....Price and his whore...
Mal just kind of desperate...
And Shula had right look...
Shula was a band-aid. He stepped to the plate when Coach Moore was desperate and he had a plan to lean on some older more experienced guys. That leaning on them too much proved to be his undoing later. That 2005 season fooled a lot of people. They were humming along until the injury bug hit late in the season. Still managed a Cotton Bowl win that year.

Heard an interview with Finebaum recently where he said he talked to Croom about progress on racism and not a direct quote but it was to the effect that Croom did not feel like any progress had been made. This was broader than just sports but more about racism in America. Do not recall where I saw this but I found is surprising that from Croom's perspective things have not improved.

For many being the victim is as comforting as mama’s cooking. Mr. Croom has accomplished much but he is a failure because of his mindset. In his mind he probably thinks Bama’s success would have been his were it not for racism.

Shula was a band-aid. He stepped to the plate when Coach Moore was desperate and he had a plan to lean on some older more experienced guys. That leaning on them too much proved to be his undoing later. That 2005 season fooled a lot of people. They were humming along until the injury bug hit late in the season. Still managed a Cotton Bowl win that year.

right....right..right...
I wanted MS to succeed so bad....but needed DC and OC...change...

great guy..... just not ready for HC at bama...

This is the path that our country has created for itself. Identity politics carrying over to every aspect of life where a decision is made, one group or another gets offended. Systemic racism being thrown out there is nothing more than projecting one's own racism, 9 times out of 10. What happened to "most qualified" winning the day no matter the level of pigment in the skin? Ridiculous.

“Most qualified” is no longer a consideration in today’s world. That all changed when everybody gets a participation trophy, there are no losers in competition, hiring for any job is based solely on gender and race, & etc.

You cannot regulate racism. If you teach equality you get racism by choice. Any person that claims their not racist can't be 100% Honest. Racism is a political tool. The example forced upon us to give equality to one race over another just means the former race is now the one that is racist. You can't win that argument.

You cannot regulate racism. If you teach equality you get racism by choice. Any person that claims their not racist can't be 100% Honest. Racism is a political tool. The example forced upon us to give equality to one race over another just means the former race is now the one that is racist. You can't win that argument.
Much like the current POTUS....
wants to stamp out racism....but "will choose a Vice President of color".....lol

Back
Top Bottom