| FTBL Alabama Trivia

Bryant went to North Carolina in 1944 as a lieutenant commander to train enlistees. He assembled the North Carolina Navy Pre-Flight football team, Technically, Bryant's first win as a head coach was with the Carolina Cloudbusters -- the North Carolina Navy Pre-Flight School football team. Duke counts the Cloudbusters' 13-6 win on Oct. 7, 1944. Bryant's victories with the team aren't counted on his resume.

Bryant's quarterback on the flight school team: Otto Graham, the Northwestern star who would win more championships than any quarterback in pro football history. Tom Brady is second with 6 titles, The difference is One has Super Bowl titles the other has NFL titles. before the Super Bowl was formed.

Cawthorn? Carthorn? Cathoon? Can’t think of the cats name now that I’m concentrating
I think that’s the guys name….
Read this in a book a while back I think he was the ad until the bear was hired maybe…
The bear was also the ad while he was the coach

Cawthorn? Carthorn? Cathoon? Can’t think of the cats name now that I’m concentrating
I think that’s the guys name….
Read this in a book a while back I think he was the ad until the bear was hired maybe…
The bear was also the ad while he was the coach
Bryant's first coaching gig at Bama was in 1936 It was not Cawthon, he was AD in 1952-1953. Good try though.

Back
Top Bottom