| NEWS Alabama stays No. 5 in CFP rankings before Iron Bowl against No. 15 - TideSports.com

That said, a win this weekend and I believe they are in.

You and I agree on this. Tough road game for your first road start as QB. He could earn a ton of fans good will by going into the cow pasture and playing well and coming out with a W.

I am still concerned the talking heads will have a subtle influence. The talking heads are not doing us any favors.

Seriously terry...i find the reference to that picture unacceptable....
Cant have a discussion with different points of view...without such?
Sad!
You find "Homey Don't Play That" from In LIving Color unacceptable? A fictional character from a skit from a comedy show?! I was right thinking you wouldn't get the reference.

A team not being good enough to make the final four so its expanded to include those who aren't good enough. It perfectly describes this situation and my feelings. I don't play that...

You and I agree on this. Tough road game for your first road start as QB. He could earn a ton of fans good will by going into the cow pasture and playing well and coming out with a W.

I am still concerned the talking heads will have a subtle influence. The talking heads are not doing us any favors.
I guess it comes down to me having more faith in the committee. 🤷‍♂️

Some have actually said it, others I believe want to see it comes to pass: "Let's let someone else get an opportunity." If that's truly the case it's high time to completely throw away the system currently in place. It's no longer about being the best.

I hear points trying to be made in discussions all the time and these arguments have HUGE holes in them. You and I can see the holes and the flawed reasoning. I believe the committee does as well. We've got five years of decisions made we can reference and so far we've seen nothing that would indicate they won't follow their own protocol of having the best four in the playoffs. It's my opinion that continues in year six.

You find "Homey Don't Play That" from In LIving Color unacceptable? A fictional character from a skit from a comedy show?! I was right thinking you wouldn't get the reference.

A team not being good enough to make the final four so its expanded to include those who aren't good enough. It perfectly describes this situation and my feelings. I don't play

Actually took it as a personal reference
But if not meant to be so
So be it

Actually took it as a personal reference
But if not meant to be so
So be it
We're hijacking this thread for a minute.

I thought it might go over your head when I posted that pic and that's why I said so but it does lead me to ask. Are you really unfamiliar with the TV show In Living Color? Goodness, the characters and skits in that show.

"Fire Marshall Bill," "Homey D Clown," "Men on Film," "the Brothers Brothers?" The list goes on and on...

Heck, the number of careers that show launched! Keenan Wayans, Damon Wayans, the other Wayans, Jim Carrey, Jennifer Lopez, Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier, and Tommy Davidson to mention a few. Chris Rock was pretty deeply involved in their sketches...launched his career as well.

Back to the point @50+yeartidefan

"Homey don't play that" is my stance on the notion of expansion. We're seeing here with the chance Bama's not included leading to "lets expand the playoffs."

Mark my words. If it goes to eight (and I believe the money factor will drive it there, not the improvement of the game or playoffs) we're going to see the post-season get worse.

Automatic bids? Geez. We sit here reading and discussing the strength of the SEC when compared to other conferences. But, let's include a weaker team because they won the conference.

It won't stop there. We'll see G5 schools in the eight. They don't belong. This year, as of today, means including Memphis who's best win is against Ole Miss for gods sake.

I know, I know ... we've beaten this horse more than a few times. But hand to God, when it comes up and I think about what it means ...I rue the day we see it come to pass.

Hell, might as well ditch the whole damn thing and adopt the NFL system. We're there already with transfers. Let 'em screw it up even more.

Back to the point @50+yeartidefan

"Homey don't play that" is my stance on the notion of expansion. We're seeing here with the chance Bama's not included leading to "lets expand the playoffs."

Mark my words. If it goes to eight (and I believe the money factor will drive it there, not the improvement of the game or playoffs) we're going to see the post-season get worse.

Automatic bids? Geez. We sit here reading and discussing the strength of the SEC when compared to other conferences. But, let's include a weaker team because they won the conference.

It won't stop there. We'll see G5 schools in the eight. They don't belong. This year, as of today, means including Memphis who's best win is against Ole Miss for gods sake.

I know, I know ... we've beaten this horse more than a few times. But hand to God, when it comes up and I think about what it means ...I rue the day we see it come to pass.

Hell, might as well ditch the whole damn thing and adopt the NFL system. We're there already with transfers. Let 'em screw it up even more.
Well...if its not a personal reference....i can move on....
If its whatever show you referenced....no never seen..nor will... dont do much TV
Over my head.... am just a dumbshit country boy...so a lots over my head...
Moving to 6 or 8 isnt about only bama... all conferences aren’t created equally...
A #1 hasnt won playoffs yet... a #4 has twice...that i know of...
And it would give us an another weekend of important football..the bowls are a thing of the past...for entertainment.... an i am a traditionalist...
Players sit out... remind me of all star games...for interest
I would like to see the other conferences in...
And i think it would lead to teams willing to schedule more big OOC games....a loss or maybe 2 doesnt kill ur chance of making playoffs.. we need more big OOC games.. even NS is for that...
my last comment on such...happy thanksgiving.....and roll tide

Back
Top Bottom