| RECRUIT Alabama lands a second 4-star recruit of eventful Friday evening; tight end Jahleel Billingsley

• Thread starter Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com
  • Start date
M

Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com

Alabama gets two commitments on Friday evening.

Alabama got another Friday evening commitment for the 2019 class.

An hour after receiver John Metchie pledged, Chicago tight end Jahleel Billingsley announced for the Crimson Tide just after 6 p.m. Friday. The four-star prospect is the 20th member of the committed class for the 2019 cycle.

Billingsley became the third to opt for the Tide this week. Four-star defensive end Byron Young picked Alabama in a midnight tweet Wednesday.

Billingsley is the No. 11 tight end in the class, ranked 294th overall in the 247Sports composite. He was selected to play in the Polynesian Bowl all-star game.

Florida, Penn State and Illinois were also among those pursuing Billingsley.

The pass-catching tight end is the first from his position to commit to Alabama's class. Metchie became the first receiver to give his word to the Tide at 5 p.m. CT.

Alabama continues to top the 2019 recruiting class rankings, according to 247Sports. The 20 commits account for 284.85 points compared to No. 2
Texas A&M's 261.63 with 21 commits. See the complete rankings.

Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com
Alabama lands a second 4-star recruit of eventful Friday evening

Chicago... Can't say I've seen Saban pull go there yet. Check it off the list!

I see the potential. Obviously will have to put on weight but I like the idea of a pass catcher first at TE... Maybe we hit the jackpot with an Ingram type from Ole Miss.

RTR

Back
Top Bottom