| FTBL Alabama - Georgia Discussion, Notes, and News

They’ve had some injuries on their DL, but it sounds like they’ll all be back - or close to it for Bama.

Beck’s shoulder is his non-throwing shoulder, so it’s really not much of an issue. Pain management if he gets hit again.

Ratledge is a big loss, but they have recruited well and have depth. Ratledge is their best OL though, so it’s a big loss.

UGA is feeling the heat we’ve felt for so long…Now they are the hunted.. people will play them much harder than the other teams…and “some” players will injure their top dogs, if given the window of opportunity..

They’ve had some injuries on their DL, but it sounds like they’ll all be back - or close to it for Bama.

Beck’s shoulder is his non-throwing shoulder, so it’s really not much of an issue. Pain management if he gets hit again.

Ratledge is a big loss, but they have recruited well and have depth. Ratledge is their best OL though, so it’s a big loss.
I wonder about Georgia Depth. I don't know much about them this year. I think they're vulnerable. Defense is still good. So what will Alabama Offense do to counter their pressure?

I wonder about Georgia Depth. I don't know much about them this year. I think they're vulnerable. Defense is still good. So what will Alabama Offense do to counter their pressure?

If we can run the ball, we will win. Georgia sends a lot of pressure and gets home a lot. If we can run the ball and create short yardage situations where in turn we can throw the ball and still not see 3rd and long, we can negate a lot of their pressure. Their secondary isn't great. Starks is a ball player, but he cannot handle our speed and has been popped for a few penalties this year while getting into deep coverage. Their linebackers are down hill guys that I don't think can really cover in space outside of Smael Mondon. Defensive line, haven't really seen much on them to know where they sit.

The score of the Clemson game was 6-0 at Half. Turned it on in the second half, but I think that's where Clemson's lack of depth started showing.

Kentucky had Georgia 9-6 early into the 4th quarter and it still ended 13-12.

Georgia will be ready, but I wonder if they have the depth we do even with their recruiting. Recruiting doesn't always translate to college ready talent, and I have seen a drop off since that first Natty with Nakobe Dean, Tindle, and that veteran group.

If we can run the ball, we will win. Georgia sends a lot of pressure and gets home a lot. If we can run the ball and create short yardage situations where in turn we can throw the ball and still not see 3rd and long, we can negate a lot of their pressure. Their secondary isn't great. Starks is a ball player, but he cannot handle our speed and has been popped for a few penalties this year while getting into deep coverage. Their linebackers are down hill guys that I don't think can really cover in space outside of Smael Mondon. Defensive line, haven't really seen much on them to know where they sit.

The score of the Clemson game was 6-0 at Half. Turned it on in the second half, but I think that's where Clemson's lack of depth started showing.

Kentucky had Georgia 9-6 early into the 4th quarter and it still ended 13-12.

Georgia will be ready, but I wonder if they have the depth we do even with their recruiting. Recruiting doesn't always translate to college ready talent, and I have seen a drop off since that first Natty with Nakobe Dean, Tindle, and that veteran group.

Agreed. And we must incorporate Milroe into that equation more just to keep them honest. Also, I do think all the bomb passes that Milroe has been making/attempting, is a passive way to signal to Jawja that we are going to attack the long ball, so they must defend it. If they do, that opens up the run game a little bit & vice versa.

Also, I think folks fail to recognize how much of a difference Brock Bowers & McConkey made to their offense. Much like Metchie & Williams to us in '21. Frankly, I don't think Jawja can win in a shootout. Especially, when it's an away game. If we force them into a passing game, then I think the Swarm defense will create some interceptions.

Agreed. And we must incorporate Milroe into that equation more just to keep them honest. Also, I do think all the bomb passes that Milroe has been making/attempting, is a passive way to signal to Jawja that we are going to attack the long ball, so they must defend it. If they do, that opens up the run game a little bit & vice versa.

Also, I think folks fail to recognize how much of a difference Brock Bowers & McConkey made to their offense. Much like Metchie & Williams to us in '21. Frankly, I don't think Jawja can win in a shootout. Especially, when it's an away game. If we force them into a passing game, then I think the Swarm defense will create some interceptions.

I agree that Bowers and McConkey were their rocks. Those guys delivered and carried Georgia multiple times over the last three-four years. Beck is a solid quarterback with a strong arm, especially with his intermediate throws, so as long as we can keep their receivers in front of us I feel good about our chances.

I agree that Bowers and McConkey were their rocks. Those guys delivered and carried Georgia multiple times over the last three-four years. Beck is a solid quarterback with a strong arm, especially with his intermediate throws, so as long as we can keep their receivers in front of us I feel good about our chances.
Auburn has more explosive plays than UGA this season.

Just a thing to add in to the process of thinking about the game.

Auburn has more explosive plays than UGA this season.

Just a thing to add in to the process of thinking about the game.

I'm speaking more to how green we are at corner more than their talent. I still think we have a great defensive backfield with a lot of talent, but I have seen us running after receivers a few times that luckily didn't hit. Beck has more of a chance to hit those than Wisconsin's backup, and Finley. That was more to my point than any kind of mismatch.

I think they'll spy a 'backer. It leads to misdirection.

EVERY team must have a spy on Milroe. Frankly, the only REAL defense that is effective against this offense is a great interior defensive line. A great DL affects the QB & the run game more than any aspect of a defense. This was Michigan last year. Jawja doesn't have a monster NT like they did with Carter & Davis. Also, our OL is vastly improved from last year. I think our LG + C + RG is the BEST in college football right now. If our two tackles continue to improve & stay healthy. . . . . then WOW.

I have seen us running after receivers a few times that luckily didn't hit.
I can't agree with luckily. There's more than one reason some deep balls don't hit.

The way the game has changed...the ol' "that receiver is wide open" just doesn't ring true a lot of the time. Yes, they might be...under a QB with three seconds to get rid of the ball and that receiver is his fourth read.

I will not say the young CB's won't come back to bite this team in the ass. I will say we don't know how this team is going to grow up.

The offense...just wait a month.

I can't agree with luckily. There's more than one reason some deep balls don't hit.

The way the game has changed...the ol' "that receiver is wide open" just doesn't ring true a lot of the time. Yes, they might be...under a QB with three seconds to get rid of the ball and that receiver is his fourth read.

I will not say the young CB's won't come back to bite this team in the ass. I will say we don't know how this team is going to grow up.

The offense...just wait a month.

Well, luckily we haven't played the best quarterbacks in the world is what I'm saying, because the good ones can hit a 2nd and 3rd read in under three seconds.

If we play like we did against Wisconsin, we win. If we play like we did against South Florida, we lose. I'd like to see us score 7-10 points in the first quarter. If we can do that I feel really good about our ability to win the game.

Back
Top Bottom