| MBB/WBB Alabama Drops Regular Season Finale at LSU in Overtime, 80-77

Wow, I cannot believe Davison there at the end of OT. That is where coaching is failing us. How the hell are you not shouting, WE HAVE 4 SECONDS, WE HAVE 4 SECONDS TO SHOOT. We love finding ways to lose. Why was Bediako not in? I caught the end of the second half and over time. With us up three, we should have brought him in to pound it down low as he has been our most consistent scorer. As long as he wasn't hurt or fouled out. We can't shoot for crap, so we need him to hit one basket there and we win the game as LSU would be forced to foul.

It is so ingrained in these guys to push it that they player faster than they are capable and it does matter what the situation is. They push is so hard they are just playing out of control. That is fully on Oats in my mind. I am going to double down that he has done a poor job once he realized what the teams weakness were. He never changed and this team simply can't do what he is asking them to do.

The only questionable coaching decision there was putting it JDs hands too much. I thought Oats actually did a pretty good job most of the game.
Well I think his plan A was to get the ball out of JD's hands and into JQ's. Once LSU denied getting the ball to JQ the team panicked because they needed a plan B and it did not look like they had one.

Well I think his plan A was to get the ball out of JD's hands and into JQ's. Once LSU denied getting the ball to JQ the team panicked because they needed a plan B and it did not look like they had one.

Even with Shackelford apparently having a crappy game, I think you have Quinnerly, Ellis, or Shackelford take that shot with four seconds left on the shot clock, not have a guy in there that is prone to turning it over and even mossing floaters. Just simply look at why we were taking it out of bounds anyways, him leaving his feet and getting bailed out by LSU fingertips.

Even with Shackelford apparently having a crappy game, I think you have Quinnerly, Ellis, or Shackelford take that shot with four seconds left on the shot clock, not have a guy in there that is prone to turning it over and even mossing floaters. Just simply look at why we were taking it out of bounds anyways, him leaving his feet and getting bailed out by LSU fingertips.
Agree I think they had plan A get the ball to JQ. He was denied and it did not look like JD was told ok if they do that here is what you need to do. Maybe he should know but he looked lost. BTW I do not think Shackleford was even on the court if I recall so only option was JQ or Ellis. Just more of the same to me. This team has not improved and that goes back to the head man.

Agree I think they had plan A get the ball to JQ. He was denied and it did not look like JD was told ok if they do that here is what you need to do. Maybe he should know but he looked lost. BTW I do not think Shackleford was even on the court if I recall so only option was JQ or Ellis. Just more of the same to me. This team has not improved and that goes back to the head man.

Shackleford wasn't on the court, and as is explained above, I couldn't figure out why either.

Shackleford wasn't on the court, and as is explained above, I couldn't figure out why either.
Only thing I saw above is he was having a crappy game is that you reference? Tough shooting night but he is more likely to hit a shot than a lot of the other guys even on an off night. Seems like more to it than that.

Twitter is exploding on JD right now and hammering him. I really do hope he comes back. A lot of his struggles are more mentaly, than skill. I don't think he'll ever have a solid jump shot, but he certainly can improve his handles and his ability to really take over games (be a better factor; use his athleticism on the boards; defense; etc..). One year of experience can do wonders for a player.

JD isn't going to be a good NBA player if he comes out right now. His potential is obviously through the roof, but it's all for nothing if he doesn't put it all together.

If you’d told me before the season, we’d lose 14 games by the end of play, I’d said you were nuts. Looks like I’m nuts! Unless, that is, we win one of the next 2 tournaments… 😂

26-7 last year. You can see the difference veteran leadership makes.

If you’d told me before the season, we’d lose 14 games by the end of play, I’d said you were nuts. Looks like I’m nuts! Unless, that is, we win one of the next 2 tournaments… 😂

26-7 last year. You can see the difference veteran leadership makes.

I’m this particular case, leadership comes with being comfortable and able to buy in to the CNO offense. Last year you had that buy in with Jones, Petty & Reese. About 20% of this team’s problem is the players 80% on coaching. He has talent with this group. It’s his responsibility to put these players in the best position to win and I’m afraid he doesn’t have a clue how to do that.

Right, I'm thinking you call a timeout and get your dang lineup straight. I wouldn't consider using a timeout there a waste. I guess he knows now moving forward to make sure his guys know the situation before he allows an inbound again.

Right, I'm thinking you call a timeout and get your dang lineup straight. I wouldn't consider using a timeout there a waste. I guess he knows now moving forward to make sure his guys know the situation before he allows an inbound again.
Twitter is exploding on JD right now and hammering him. I really do hope he comes back. A lot of his struggles are more mentaly, than skill. I don't think he'll ever have a solid jump shot, but he certainly can improve his handles and his ability to really take over games (be a better factor; use his athleticism on the boards; defense; etc..). One year of experience can do wonders for a player.

JD isn't going to be a good NBA player if he comes out right now. His potential is obviously through the roof, but it's all for nothing if he doesn't put it all together.

I hate he's getting roasted. I never like a guy to get ripped. That being said, a D1 athlete should have the awareness of a situation. It's the end of the year, not a Freshman anymore. A shot clock is something you learn about in dang middle school. Hopefully the best for him comes out of this, but I do hope folks don't rip and get personal with an 18 year old kid.

Back
Top Bottom