| BSB/SB ⚾Alabama Baseball - Tide will play in FSU Regional (along with UCF and Stetson)

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
The NCAA selection show comes on at 11 am. I'll update the thread after the bracket is announced... DI Baseball had Bama as a 3 seed in their final projection last night, and that's probably correct. However, trying to put bias aside, I think they are absolutely deserving of a #2 seed based on SOS (#6) and RPI (#24) and some other factors like series wins over a handful of will-be #1 seeds. Both of the SOS and RPI numbers were better going into Hoover, a tournament that I personally put very little stock in, certainly much less than the committee does/will. Bama's one and done showing there will hurt them some, and that's dumb, but it is what it is. Really though, it doesn't matter much in the end... 2 seed, 3 seed.... you want a good draw, but Bama is going to have to turn it up a notch regardless of who and/or where they play. We will see how the seedings shake out here shortly...

Agree one and done will hurt their seeding but it may have helped them overall. Rest and reflection can work wonders sometimes. If it means anything to them, they will be more focused. And if it don’t, it doesn’t matter anyway.

Yep. I'd have much rather them have been one and done than had played yesterday, won or lose. I view it very much like the SEC Basketball tournament... it's basically exhibition if you're already locked in the field...

Yep. I'd have much rather them have been one and done than had played yesterday, won or lose. I view it very much like the SEC Basketball tournament... it's basically exhibition if you're already locked in the field...
Agree with this 100%! They got the seeding they deserved and I believe the best destination as well. FSU will have to rebound fast after that ass whipping they took yesterday against Duke! If our 2 lefties can get dialed back in and we can limit the gopher balls, I like our chances.

Back
Top Bottom