| GAME THREAD šŸ‰ Alabama at Tennessee: CBS šŸ“ŗ @ 3:30 ET

Re-watched the game again today.
Let me say this... Chris Owens is not good...Iā€™m hoping Deonta is very minor injury.

Randolph did play well when he came in at LG and Dickerson back to center.

Last edited:
Re-watched the game again today.
Let me say this... Chris Owens is not good...Iā€™m hoping Deonta is very minor injury.

Randolph did play well when he came in at LG and Dickerson back to center.

Good to hear on Randolph. He can play OG next year for Brown after Brown graduates. Sounds like Dalcourt will need to be ready at C.

Ekiyor returns at OG.

The other OT opposite Evan Neal will be interesting. Javion Cohen got a lot of talk at OT as a true frosh. Elite LT prospects Brockermeyer and Latham also arrive - can they be what Cam Robinson, Jonah Williams, and Leatherwood (briefly) were and be starters as a true frosh?

Just watched NS post game show. The Viles strike again, the entire time Saban was being interviewed on the field, the Viles had Pruitt's post game press conference blaring loudly over the stadium speakers. They are just a classless annoying bunch!!!!

Saban named him one of the defensive players of the game.....
Guess he differs from you & Josey
Maybe... but go rewatch the game and see how my times he takes a poor angle or is out of position. Most of the issues we have had with runs up the middle are do to him, IMO. Maybe the real issue is the DT or DE... but what I see is a LB not filling a hole or taking a poor angle to the ball carrier. And most of the time itā€™s #8.

example, on the long 4th down, itā€™s #8 that gets outside his rush lane and the QB runs 15 yards for a 1st down.

Maybe... but go rewatch the game and see how my times he takes a poor angle or is out of position. Most of the issues we have had with runs up the middle are do to him, IMO. Maybe the real issue is the DT or DE... but what I see is a LB not filling a hole or taking a poor angle to the ball carrier. And most of the time itā€™s #8.

example, on the long 4th down, itā€™s #8 that gets outside his rush lane and the QB runs 15 yards for a 1st down.

Personally, I think #8 is doing better than the other starter. Not saying either of them is lighting the world on fire, but I feel like #8 is around the ball more.

Personally, I think #8 is doing better than the other starter. Not saying either of them is lighting the world on fire, but I feel like #8 is around the ball more.
The other starter is #32 D Moses. I think he's been pretty good for the most part. He doesn't seem to have much of a pass rush, but he seems to do a good job in coverage and filling holes on runs. To be honest, I really expected to see him really dominate this year... but he really hasn't made a splash that I have seen. I wouldn't point to anything negative about his play that I have seen, but nothing outstanding either. I'm not expert though... others may feel differently.

The other starter is #32 D Moses. I think he's been pretty good for the most part. He doesn't seem to have much of a pass rush, but he seems to do a good job in coverage and filling holes on runs. To be honest, I really expected to see him really dominate this year... but he really hasn't made a splash that I have seen. I wouldn't point to anything negative about his play that I have seen, but nothing outstanding either. I'm not expert though... others may feel differently.
I believe that (like Hightower in 2010) he is not completely recovered from his knee injury. Some knee injuries take a couple of years to fully heal.

Did not rewatch the game but I have had the same impression, #8 seems to be around the ball but a little late, out of position or taking bad angles. The nice thing about this is those seem to be coachable things.

With regards to Moses I think it just takes time to get back when you were out for a full year and coming from an injury. I expect him to continue to get better and better each game.

Back
Top Bottom