| FTBL Alabama and Ole Miss odds

I've said for years now that the issue on defense isn't on the DC but the scheme. It's outdated and easily beaten. Hell, last year's defense gave up fewer points than any Bama defense has in the last five years but the angsts voiced certainly didn't match that fact.
Shocked that folks haven't been coming out of the woodwork to chastise you for daring to criticize Saban's defense.

Yup. I'm gonna let @TerryP or @Brandon Van de Graaff confirm the rumor...

Missed this earlier this week, but it's Kiffin being Kiffin. I pretty much said it in the sink or swim thread, but he's just rolling a grenade into the Bama tent because that's what he does. He doesn't like Steele, so it was his way of trying to undercut and embarrass him. As Saban said on Monday though, Steele is the DC... nothing has changed on that end. Worth noting too, there's a reason Saban brought it up on his own without being asked, he wasn't pleased with it.

Missed this earlier this week, but it's Kiffin being Kiffin. I pretty much said it in the sink or swim thread, but he's just rolling a grenade into the Bama tent because that's what he does. He doesn't like Steele, so it was his way of trying to undercut and embarrass him. As Saban said on Monday though, Steele is the DC... nothing has changed on that end. Worth noting too, there's a reason Saban brought it up on his own without being asked, he wasn't pleased with it.

Definitely what Lane does. What does he have to lose to be honest? Although, I will say with Kirby, Jimbo, and now Sarkesian breaking through that whole "Saban vs Past Coordinators" narrative, he's going to be scrutinized a little more with that number getting bigger and with more recent assistants pulling off the head to head.

That's exactly why I think Alabama will play with chip on their shoulder this weekend. They've received lot of disrespect from fans, reporters, and now Kiffin?

Definitely what Lane does. What does he have to lose to be honest? Although, I will say with Kirby, Jimbo, and now Sarkesian breaking through that whole "Saban vs Past Coordinators" narrative, he's going to be scrutinized a little more with that number getting bigger and with more recent assistants pulling off the head to head.

Nothing but more respect from his peers really. He wanted badly to be the first former assistant to beat Saban, and he'll never get that now, but a win over Saban is is still highly sought. Despite the act he portrays in the open, he still has a lot of ill feelings toward him for being let go leading up to the national title game.

Back
Top Bottom