| FTBL A stats dive into the BAMA/UGA game...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Total Yards
UGA- 414 (Rush- 145, Pass- 269)
UA- 564 (Rush- 147, Pass- 417)

Mac Jones finished the game with a 219.5 QB Rating

On his last 19 passes, Mac Jones was 18-19 for 311 yards, 3 TD's and 0 INT's
On his last 11 passes, Stetson Bennett was 3-11 for 40 yards, 0 TD's and 2 INT's

Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith combines for 17 receptions for 328 yards (19.3 YPC), and 3 TD's

Alabama had 33 1st downs on 76 total plays.

Alabama was 4-4 in Red Zone opportunities for 24 points. I thought I heard Kirby say last night that UGA got some big red zone stops? Did I mishear that?

Alabama had 311 1st Down Yards (UGA had 154). Bama's average gain on 1st Down was 7.4 yards.

Average 3rd Down Distance to Go
UGA- 6.4 yards
UA- 4.2 yards

Alabama was 5-6 on 3rd and Shorts (1-4 yards)

Time of Possession
UGA- 26:01 (2nd Half- 12:12, 4th Quarter- 3:39)
UA- 33:59 (2nd Half- 17:48, 4th Quarter- 11:21)

Alabama had zero 3-and-Outs on offense. UGA had just one 3-and-Out on offense (their 2nd drive of the game). [That doesn't include turnovers for either team]

There were 25 total drives in the game. Only 3 (all Alabama drives) lasted over 4 minutes. 18 drives were under 3 minutes.

UGA's 4 scores came on their last 4 possessions of the 1st half (TD, TD, FG, TD). They had 5 possessions total in the 2nd half (Punt, Punt, INT, INT, Missed FG).

Check Alabama's drive chart...

1st 5 Possessions
1. Interception
2. TOUCHDOWN*
3. Punt
4. Punt
5. Punt

Last 8 Possessions
1. FIELD GOAL
2. TOUCHDOWN
3. FIELD GOAL
4. Punt
5. TOUCHDOWN
6. TOUCHDOWN*
7. TOUCHDOWN*
8. End of Game

*Possessions resulted from turnovers

*Scoring drives off interceptions

Alabama had 33 1st downs on 76 total plays
That’s how many 1st downs they made... they actually snapped the ball on 1st down something like 43 times out of 80 snaps. Really pretty nasty stat.

1st down snaps - 43
2nd down snaps - 21
3rd down snaps - 11
4th down snaps - 5

I think that’s close to the correct snap count and down. (42 Rushes, 32 passes, 2 FG, 4 punts)

Last edited:
Would like to see the stats of completions from Jones per qtr. At one time he was around 50% maybe midway through the 2nd qtr or so when we punted three times in a row. That makes what he did from that point on even more impressive.

Would like to see the stats of completions from Jones per qtr. At one time he was around 50% maybe midway through the 2nd qtr or so when we punted three times in a row. That makes what he did from that point on even more impressive.

Mac's Passing Stats by Quarter

1st- 4 of 10, 1 TD, 1 INT
2nd- 11 of 13, 1 TD
3rd- 7 of 8, 1 TD
4th- 2 of 2, 1 TD

There were a few times where Jones got some happy feet and did not set his feet. That was earlier in the game and his stats reflected it. Once he got into a rhythm he was lights out. He definitely passed my litmus test (like it matters :)) for how he would respond against a good D and a better pass rush when he would not have as much time. The OL was lights out also.

I missed the int at the start of the game. What happened?

I litterally turned the game on with 4+ minutes left in the 3rd. The first play I saw was the 90 yard TD to JW.

He got pressured and hit while he was throwing, so he threw a duck that just went up in the air in the center of the field. I'm willing to say 95% of us believe the ball hit the ground and went through LeCounte's hands as he dove to make the interception since we were going deep..

Back
Top Bottom