| OT A Guns Thread

For preppers..
I've eaten freeze dried meals for over three thousand miles of hiking. It's good for twenty or more years. I've eaten stuff that I'd had for over five years, just fine. Mountain House, Alpine Aire, Backpackers Pantry, Peak, they're all good, but recently they've been adding a good bit of fat to it to get the calorie counts up for backpackers burning 4,000 to 6,000 calories a day.

If I wanted to ensure I had a year's supply of food, I would buy the buckets of Mountain House stuff. Costco has that or similar products from time to time. Also, don't forget about the Mormons - they require their believers to have big food supplies and they offer freeze dried stuff fairly cheap. The prepper sites may not be the best price, or quality.

RTR,

Tim

I've eaten freeze dried meals for over three thousand miles of hiking. It's good for twenty or more years. I've eaten stuff that I'd had for over five years, just fine. Mountain House, Alpine Aire, Backpackers Pantry, Peak, they're all good, but recently they've been adding a good bit of fat to it to get the calorie counts up for backpackers burning 4,000 to 6,000 calories a day.

If I wanted to ensure I had a year's supply of food, I would buy the buckets of Mountain House stuff. Costco has that or similar products from time to time. Also, don't forget about the Mormons - they require their believers to have big food supplies and they offer freeze dried stuff fairly cheap. The prepper sites may not be the best price, or quality.

RTR,

Tim
If I wanted to ensure I had a years supply of food I'd put some vegetable seeds away and have plenty of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom