| FTBL A-Day Tailgate (April 22nd weekend.)

So I make my A-Day trek whenever we are going to have competing QB's & this year is no exception. I'd like to put this out there to gauge interest on a tailgate, get to know more of our RTB group but that's going to be based on solid interest. I was considering bringing my Weber Smokey Mountain to smoke up some pulled pork & several racks of St Louis Ribs but I'd like to see how many folks that would be a SOLID commit to meet up on the Quad.

Any takers?

So I make my A-Day trek whenever we are going to have competing QB's & this year is no exception. I'd like to put this out there to gauge interest on a tailgate, get to know more of our RTB group but that's going to be based on solid interest. I was considering bringing my Weber Smokey Mountain to smoke up some pulled pork & several racks of St Louis Ribs but I'd like to see how many folks that would be a SOLID commit to meet up on the Quad.

Any takers?
Add mr n mrs 50+ to any list you might have...

Any takers?

If we don't have travel tournaments I'd be interested for sure. Gonna be a tough Spring and Summer for us, three out of the four kids are in travel sports (baseball, softball, and soccer).

Probably the usual spot, NW of Denny Chimes on the Quad with reasonable walking distance from the road to unload a few things.
Something you might want to consider though it'll add a half of a mile to the walk to the stadium...plenty of room around Rhoades. Personally, I'd rather be watching softball than a football practice. Even still, you'd think someone would have thought this through, if only for a second. The scrimmage at 2 and softball at 3? (Baseball is on the road.)

Screenshot 2023-01-19 8.32.47 AM.png

Something you might want to consider though it'll add a half of a mile to the walk to the stadium...plenty of room around Rhoades. Personally, I'd rather be watching softball than a football practice. Even still, you'd think someone would have thought this through, if only for a second. The scrimmage at 2 and softball at 3? (Baseball is on the road.)

View attachment 23198

Not a bad idea. There have been times that I stuck around for a baseball game.

I'll see about getting there this year. Just to make sure I'm clear, we're coming for the football, staying for the softball, or the other way around?

Are we looking at The Quad, the softball field, another meeting place without the setup/cooking/takedown? I'm good any and all ways.

@Brandon Van de Graaff is the reservation process for tent space as the The Quad in place for the A-Day like the regular season?

View attachment 23198
It's way more than a half mile from the Quad to Rhoades stadium.

I'll see about getting there this year. Just to make sure I'm clear, we're coming for the football, staying for the softball, or the other way around?

Are we looking at The Quad, the softball field, another meeting place without the setup/cooking/takedown? I'm good any and all ways.

@Brandon Van de Graaff is the reservation process for tent space as the The Quad in place for the A-Day like the regular season?

Not sure, I'm guessing no (and certainly not to that extent), but I don't know. If they felt they could fill them up with people though ($$$$), you better believe they'd have them covering every square inch of Quad grass.

It should be on the gameday website.

@It Takes Eleven @Brandon Van de Graaff

I agree with Brandon on this, but with Spring game day attendance getting a little less each year, I would imagine Ass In Seats is more important than charging for the tailgate. They have come up with ways to make money at springtime by having primo seating and The Zone's running at a discounted price for all of us minions to be able to afford. I doubt they will charge for tailgating spots.

Back
Top Bottom