| FTBL A-Day Game attendance

Porterhouse said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Porterhouse said:
Chris4x4Gill2 said:
I agree....alot of Auburn games are sellouts....its the attendance thats not so high since even people with tickets dont seem to go to the game. Plus the mass exodus at halftime.

Just because they give 8000 tickets away to the girl scouts on a Friday afternoon before a game or call it a sellout in a press release, doesn't make it a sellout.

Yeah, but those 8,000 girl scouts who don't show for the game sure know how to party in the pasture.

Hoedown badge.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It Takes Eleven said:
Chris4x4Gill2 said:
I agree....alot of Auburn games are sellouts....its the attendance thats not so high since even people with tickets dont seem to go to the game. Plus the mass exodus at halftime.

All I know is that at least one of their SEC games had rows of unsold seats the Thursday before game day.

It says more about the program, and less about the party, when folks would rather hang in the pasture instead of watch the game.

very true. I should have clarified I guess. They claim a "sellout crowd" but in the stadium its 3/4 full at best in the 1st with more people leaving after each quarter.

As far as tickets. The times I've been down there if I want ot go to the game all I have to do is walk around an hour or so before kickoff and someoen will be giving away tickets.

Cant say I've ever had that luck for a bama game :lol:

Most of the time when people say we don't sellout they're looking at the corners of our West/East Upper decks and the view from those seats is atrocious. Those people unlucky enough to have the those tickets usually watch the game standing from the spiral tunnels.

You can see the amount of people that vacate their seats to stand on the spirals in these pictures...

stadium.jpg

auburn_football_game.jpg

whistler said:
Crowd sizes do not always result in having the best home field advantage....

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=836708[/url]

...but it's a pretty good indicator. Also, reporters who can't spell "loses" aren't always idiots....but it's a pretty good indicator.

Since that 2006 article, four of aubrun's six losses have come at home.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
whistler said:
Crowd sizes do not always result in having the best home field advantage....

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=836708[/url]

Also, reporters who can't spell "loses" aren't always idiots....but it's a pretty good indicator.

:lol: :lol:

I have been to a number of games in Tuscaloosa and there does seem to be quite a bit of "hand sitters" in the general admission seats. I will say that your student section(minus the greeks) seem more knowledgable of the game of football than most other SS I've been around.

The seats in JHS are orange....makes it harder to tell their arent any fans sitting in them :lol:

Like I said, my brother drags me to a game about once a year so I have to give him hell about all the empty seats I see.

Back
Top Bottom