| BSB/SB đźĄŽ#22 Alabama @ auburn [auburn takes series with 3-0 Saturday win]

From what I understand, Byrne could care less about the women’s sports…. Could be BS but what I was told by a former GA/staffing assistant….
It’s very obvious. Just look at the women’s basketball program, the softball program and he almost let the gymnastics program decline but saved it by hiring a new coach and it’s showing improvement now.

It’s very obvious. Just look at the women’s basketball program, the softball program and he almost let the gymnastics program decline but saved it by hiring a new coach and it’s showing improvement now.
He got lucky with the gymnastics hire… she was not even the best option at the time. She was the easy hire….. Now it’s a good hire don’t get me wrong, but it was lucky!!!

Once again our swing path to middle/away pitches is baffling. We have 2 options on a curve ball away from a righty; swing and miss or foul it off. We do not stay down and through a ball away hardly ever. I am just a travel ball coach but I make these adjustments within the inning. Bama hasn't made these adjustments for a couple years. Teams know to throw curveballs away and we can't touch it. Add a rise ball over our heads and we are toast. Time for Adam to go. Maybe Murph will hire me as the hitting coach!

Maybe Kayla B. will bring some energy on the recruiting trail. After all every girl in High school down to 12U knows who she is from broadcasting the CWWS. She also seems like she is still hip enough to connect with the younger players.

Once again our swing path to middle/away pitches is baffling. We have 2 options on a curve ball away from a righty; swing and miss or foul it off. We do not stay down and through a ball away hardly ever. I am just a travel ball coach but I make these adjustments within the inning. Bama hasn't made these adjustments for a couple years. Teams know to throw curveballs away and we can't touch it. Add a rise ball over our heads and we are toast. Time for Adam to go. Maybe Murph will hire me as the hitting coach!

I'd be down for that. Then you rise the ranks to Head Coach in two years!

Some of you may be delighted to hear that there have been some murmurs around the past few days that Murphy may be considering retirement. I personally am not buying into it (at this point anyway), but the whispering reminds me a bit of the whispering near the end of the football season about Saban retiring (that most everyone, including myself, pretty much dismissed). The situation has some parallels to that one too, which will be evident if it were to happen. Before some of you get too excited though, it is really nothing more than soft chatter which often times is meaningless... and also often times, tends to pop up in situations like this. But, it's the first time I've ever heard it in regards to him. Also, and I feel adamant about this still, he's not getting fired. The options are: He retires, he stays but makes significant staff changes, or he stays with little or no staff changes. If it ends up being door #3, I do think he will go into next season with a good bit of heat on him. And in that situation, my eyes and attention will be on the booster club type backers of the program.

We were at another SEC school's camp with my daughter back in the beginning of March and we were told by people there that Murph was retiring after this season. This was from the same person that told me Mickey Dean was stepping down from Auburn about a month before it was announced. I immediately checked with 2 of my biggest sources and they dismissed it. I haven't even told my daughter because she would be devastated. She has worked so hard to be on his white board and that news may crush her.

Neat story: We live about 45 minutes from Athens, GA. When Bama played UGA, my wife and 2 youngest children went to the Sunday game. My oldest had softball practice so we weren't there. My son, who is 12, was getting autographs after the game and he got Murph's autograph. Murph looked at my son, paused, asked what his last name was, and then said "hey where is your sister". It made my daughter's month hearing that and news of him retiring would be tough on her. Obviously I think major things need to be changed via the hitting side though.

We were at another SEC school's camp with my daughter back in the beginning of March and we were told by people there that Murph was retiring after this season. This was from the same person that told me Mickey Dean was stepping down from Auburn about a month before it was announced. I immediately checked with 2 of my biggest sources and they dismissed it. I haven't even told my daughter because she would be devastated. She has worked so hard to be on his white board and that news may crush her.

Neat story: We live about 45 minutes from Athens, GA. When Bama played UGA, my wife and 2 youngest children went to the Sunday game. My oldest had softball practice so we weren't there. My son, who is 12, was getting autographs after the game and he got Murph's autograph. Murph looked at my son, paused, asked what his last name was, and then said "hey where is your sister". It made my daughter's month hearing that and news of him retiring would be tough on her. Obviously I think major things need to be changed via the hitting side though.

Good stuff.

You touched on Dean there... who do you think they get? Only name I've heard was the young coach at Duke but that was right after Dean said he was retiring and I have zero clue if it actually had any traction... or if she'd be interested. She seems like a good coach though.

Oddly enough the name I heard initially was Lonni Alameda from Florida State. I was shocked and I certainly don't want that to happen. Apparently she wants in the SEC. No clue if it will actually happen but this is coming from a guy that is very well connected in the softball world.

Young is a very solid coach and has made Duke a strong team in a few short years. Her husband has had some mega health issues in the last year so I'm not sure if that would affect her as far as making a move goes. Her husband also runs the "Lady Dukes" travel softball organization. It was designed as a grey area way to help with recruiting to Duke.

Oddly enough the name I heard initially was Lonni Alameda from Florida State. I was shocked and I certainly don't want that to happen. Apparently she wants in the SEC. No clue if it will actually happen but this is coming from a guy that is very well connected in the softball world.

Young is a very solid coach and has made Duke a strong team in a few short years. Her husband has had some mega health issues in the last year so I'm not sure if that would affect her as far as making a move goes. Her husband also runs the "Lady Dukes" travel softball organization. It was designed as a grey area way to help with recruiting to Duke.

I don't know about Alameda specifically, but I do know there are a lot of coaches out there, especially in the non-revenue sports, that want to get in the SEC (or Big Ten) to secure some conference protection while the college athletics landscape continues to change. We've already seen it happen with some schools and some football coaches. It's trickling down now and the smart ones aren't going to wait around until their ship sinks.

My hope though is auburn that ends with the the softball version of Harsin.

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

Yeah, my niece played with the lady dukes for a couple years… she’s at covenant college now….

Some of you may be delighted to hear that there have been some murmurs around the past few days that Murphy may be considering retirement. I personally am not buying into it (at this point anyway), but the whispering reminds me a bit of the whispering near the end of the football season about Saban retiring (that most everyone, including myself, pretty much dismissed). The situation has some parallels to that one too, which will be evident if it were to happen. Before some of you get too excited though, it is really nothing more than soft chatter which often times is meaningless... and also often times, tends to pop up in situations like this. But, it's the first time I've ever heard it in regards to him. Also, and I feel adamant about this still, he's not getting fired. The options are: He retires, he stays but makes significant staff changes, or he stays with little or no staff changes. If it ends up being door #3, I do think he will go into next season with a good bit of heat on him. And in that situation, my eyes and attention will be on the booster club type backers of the program.

I don't care if he stays, I just want the program to see some positive changes. No matter if you're his biggest fan or his biggest hater, everyone agrees changes need to be made within the program and methodology of coaching needs to change.

Back
Top Bottom