| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - April 16th thru April 30th

Oh yeah, I get back channels. Given the lawlessness that college football has become, I wasn't sure if it was permissible or not.
Basically, the program showing interest calls the playersā€™ old HS coach and starts the process. Some are more brazen, like Iowa staff calling Proctor during the season and simply ā€œproviding encouragementā€ on his season!! That video really bothers me, but if the kid is homesick, let his ass go!!

So, it is technically against the guidelines? I won't say rules, since there aren't any left, apparently.

A staff isn't suppose to contact players on other teams about transferring unless they are listed in the transfer portal. A coaching change itself doesn't even trigger it, by rule, the player(s) are supposed to be in the portal (where they can choose to be contacted or not). But, as we have seen with the Alabama situation, few teams follow those rules. UA is still having to battle teams that are trying to poach, though it has died down some... A couple of SEC schools are still pushing hard on some guys to get them in before the SEC rule of "sit out a year" kicks in this spring.

A staff isn't suppose to contact players on other teams about transferring unless they are listed in the transfer portal. A coaching change itself doesn't even trigger it, by rule, the player(s) are supposed to be in the portal (where they can choose to be contacted or not). But, as we have seen with the Alabama situation, few teams follow those rules. UA is still having to battle teams that are trying to poach, though it has died down some... A couple of SEC schools are still pushing hard on some guys to get them in before the SEC rule of "sit out a year" kicks in this spring.
The "sit out a year" rule is something just now being implemented this spring?

Back
Top Bottom