| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

I am sure he will. He should have gotten more touches in the CFP against UM.
He should have been getting more snaps since the 1st game. Who mader the call to play him and Jam in the vs Go Blue then made to call to put them back on the bench. Bama should have been in two TE's and running the ball vs Go Blue instead we go back to 2 and 5. Made no F sense.

JMO but that was Nick's BS seniority system working for the last time.

He should have been getting more snaps since the 1st game. Who mader the call to play him and Jam in the vs Go Blue then made to call to put them back on the bench. Bama should have been in two TE's and running the ball vs Go Blue instead we go back to 2 and 5. Made no F sense.

JMO but that was Nick's BS seniority system working for the last time.
It may be BS but he won a lot of games that way. He sees what happens in practice so I always defered to his judgement. Most think he was the best to ever do it. Not that he can't make mistakes but he did alright.

Downs - not going to be able to just plug and play replace him, he was a special talent. However, a good safety is easier to find than other defensive positions.
Niblack - easily replaceable. He was a complete sieve in the run game, could've got knocked over by a stiff breeze. He wasn't even allowed in on most running downs/situations which I'm sure tipped our hand at times. Terrible at pass pro on our full protection schemes for deep balls. His one trait was catching the ball, pretty sure Odom can be our pass catching TE just fine.
Bonds - replaced already, Law, Bernard (Likely committing soon), Prentice, Hale, and Henderson will be just fine. Bond made some important grabs for us, but he was by no means a breakout receiver in CFB I expect he will regret his decision come draft time.
Amos - head scratcher and definitely sucks to replace him as well. I think outside of Downs he's the only one where there's some unknown commodities. If we get Muhammad then have Domani Jackson we should be just fine here though. Amos would've likely been better because his years of experience but it's likely talent for Jackson and Muhammad is higher.
Sayin - replaced by Mack immediately likely replaced by a talented QB in 2025 recruiting class. Sucks that we all got attached and he left but that's the nature of the game sometimes. Also weird that he was one of our big recruiters for the class and then bounced when things got rough. Hard to question competitive spirit, but it did seem he was scared of Mack's arrival.
Roydell Williams - very easily replaceable. We've already got better options. Williams never should've been the 2nd back all year. Saban was doing the "experience over talent" depth chart with that one and while Williams wasn't bad, he isn't nearly as good as Haynes and Miller IMO. Also, keep an eye on Richard Young here also he may be a dark horse.
Proctor - If you're following what @Brandon Van de Graaff and @TerryP and I have been saying over the last week or so, he was gone already, and he wouldn't fit the O-line of next year anyways. His weight is a factor, he would've had to shed about 30 lbs in this system.
McGlaughlin - Brailsford is a massive upgrade, if you're a metric measurer like me. The numbers are vastly different. Don't remember who said it but someone said he's essentially Ryan Kelly levels of good and maybe better. He'll help with protections, snap consistently, and his run blocking is miles better than Seth. Seth's biggest issue was not his pass blocking it was his run blocking where he was ranked almost dead last amongst centers in all of FBS D1 not just P5 schools.

Basically only two that are tough to replace are Amos and Downs, outside of that we've already got replacements on the roster or will bring them in the portal.
Amos came in and did a great job but I am like you I think he is replaceable. Sometimes you have to go through this type exercise to get perspective so it helped me do so. I still think Niblack and Bonds are bigger impacts than people are saying but if some of the Washington guys can get pulled in to cover this it may be ok. New offense anyway so experience coming in this offense would help ease the transition.

On Sayin it is always unproven but usually these 5 star QB's do well. No sure I recall how many stars Tua had but just think what we could have lost of he had transfered. This is one we will not know for a couple of years when we see what he and this Mack kid end up doing. On paper it seems a downgrade.

It may be BS but he won a lot of games that way. He sees what happens in practice so I always defered to his judgement. Most think he was the best to ever do it. Not that he can't make mistakes but he did alright.
Someone may have shown Nick Haynes father's twitter messages.

I hope Kalen can keep 22,26,25 and the two new RB's just signed. Keeping the RB coach might have assisted but who knows.

On Sayin it is always unproven but usually these 5 star QB's do well. No sure I recall how many stars Tua had but just think what we could have lost of he had transfered. This is one we will not know for a couple of years when we see what he and this Mack kid end up doing. On paper it seems a downgrade.
Tua had 4 stars until he won the Elite 11 and most people said he was not great even then. People had him just above Jake Fromm and behind Davis Mills and Hunter Johnson as QB 3 on the draft board. He finished the highschool year with a 5th star because he won the elite 11 camp and impressed a ton of people. Still wasn't the top QB in his class. There's a million names that get lost in the recruiting tidbits. Yes 5-stars are LESS likely to be busts but it's not a given and Sayin left of his own volition.

We didn't force Sayin out like a ton of people think we did, he was asked to compete in a tough QB room under a new coach and he wilted and left for something else. Read into that in whatever way you want.

Back
Top Bottom