| FTBL 2024 - Confirmed Players Transferring to Alabama

Does anyone know anything about this kid? Any thoughts if this points to some losses coming out of the current QB room?

DeBoer likes him. And he's a guy that already knows the offense and can be helpful there with the other guys. I don't see it as a concern about an imminent QB departure, though the QB's are being all contacted. But at the very least, a post-spring departure? Likely.

Washington needs QBs…He’s definitely committed to this staff since he reclassified to 2023 and came in as 16/ 17 year old last year. He’s got good size at 6’6 230 lbs.

I honestly thought Sayin was going to jump as soon as Saban retired
Nah! When you are a QB, about the only thing that would make you jump ship is if DeBoer was installing the Wishbone/Flexbone-triple option or split back veer/Wing T. I’m sure Sayin and the others are foaming at the mouth to get into the playbook and on the field throwing routes on air and 7v7.

Nah! When you are a QB, about the only thing that would make you jump ship is if DeBoer was installing the Wishbone/Flexbone-triple option or split back veer/Wing T. I’m sure Sayin and the others are foaming at the mouth to get into the playbook and on the field throwing routes on air and 7v7.
Yep this is why the TE and WR seems to be about one thing. Playing for Sark, they can certainly put up big numbers as they could have at Bama under Deboer. The difference is likely $$$.

DeBoer likes him. And he's a guy that already knows the offense and can be helpful there with the other guys. I don't see it as a concern about an imminent QB departure, though the QB's are being all contacted. But at the very least, a post-spring departure? Likely.
Decided to watch some tape on the kid, he reminds me a lot of Deshaun Watson. I think everyone here should take a look at what happened in his recruitment also.

He was a highly touted 2024 QB that had a ton of offers from schools but hadn't been scouted a bunch. Courtney Morgan and DeBoer saw his highlights and intangibles and got him to reclassify and commit. According to a few people online, a lot of schools were caught by surprise because they liked what they saw but didn't have time to scout him yet.

He also reclassified after the final player rankings came out for the recruiting sites so he ended up with a ranking in the 200s according to reports. Anyways, I think people are overlooking this pick-up. I also think this is a roster move, DeBoer and company are expecting a dog fight for 2nd string QB between Lonergan, Simpson, Sayin and Mack and are fully preparing for 1-2 of those guys to portal out after Spring Ball.

Decided to watch some tape on the kid, he reminds me a lot of Deshaun Watson. I think everyone here should take a look at what happened in his recruitment also.

He was a highly touted 2024 QB that had a ton of offers from schools but hadn't been scouted a bunch. Courtney Morgan and DeBoer saw his highlights and intangibles and got him to reclassify and commit. According to a few people online, a lot of schools were caught by surprise because they liked what they saw but didn't have time to scout him yet.

He also reclassified after the final player rankings came out for the recruiting sites so he ended up with a ranking in the 200s according to reports. Anyways, I think people are overlooking this pick-up. I also think this is a roster move, DeBoer and company are expecting a dog fight for 2nd string QB between Lonergan, Simpson, Sayin and Mack and are fully preparing for 1-2 of those guys to portal out after Spring Ball.
It's going to be a dog fight for QB1. As others have pointed out, all QBs on campus have the exact same amount of time in DeBoer's offense: zero minutes. Milroe's seniority won't carry as much weight as it did with Saban, and a couple of others have way more upside.

Back
Top Bottom