| GOLF 2019 World Golf Championship

Leader at -12 McLlroy (62 on Saturday)
Brooks 2nd at-11

JT tied for 10th at -7

I live in Inverness (hoover) and my provider is AT&T Uverse and as of today the owner of the local CBS station is holding out thus no CBS station. Problem is golf is on CBS more than the others and football is just over the hill.

Leader at -12 McLlroy (62 on Saturday)
Brooks 2nd at-11

JT tied for 10th at -7

I live in Inverness (hoover) and my provider is AT&T Uverse and as of today the owner of the local CBS station is holding out thus no CBS station. Problem is golf is on CBS more than the others and football is just over the hill.

Run to Walmart and get you an inside antenna with a preamp and you should have a ton of B'ham. over the air TV stations. You should get a ton of local stations not on your AT&T package. And all in the best HDTV signal that's possible that will blow your cable company out of the water. .

Koepka is an enigma. I figured this being a WGC event and only the top 60 golfers in the world invited he would bear down and play golf like it was a major. Nothing else seems to interest him.

Koepka is an enigma. I figured this being a WGC event and only the top 60 golfers in the world invited he would bear down and play golf like it was a major. Nothing else seems to interest him.
I'm thinking we have a typo here? I was struck by how he approached the final round Sunday. Yesterday around noon I noticed a series of reports he hadn't arrived at the course: the last tweet was roughly 45 minutes before his round started.

I'm thinking we have a typo here? I was struck by how he approached the final round Sunday. Yesterday around noon I noticed a series of reports he hadn't arrived at the course: the last tweet was roughly 45 minutes before his round started.

How so?

They are reporting he was sick during the tourney. That may have made its rounds by Sunday, but he was sick enough he didn't want any part of the hitting range. Said he wanted to conserve his energy.

On a personal note, this is one of the reason I simply don't like Rory.

You mean Sergio. But I've never cared for the guy either. I don't really mind his Spanish temper as much as his whining and sulking on the course and his petulance off it. I always thought both he and Rory Sabbatini had a bad habit of not being able to keep their mouth closed.

How so?

They are reporting he was sick during the tourney.
I didn't catch that he was sick considering I wasn't listening to the broadcast as much as I was glancing at it every few minutes.

The word enigma threw me. It implies it was difficult for you to understand why he approached the tournament the way he did this past weekend. It seemed, pardon the pun, par for the course for him.

Is it fair to say the WGC is the fifth major? In a sense, it is to me even though it's more than one tournament that is included. It certainly is a "showcase" event considering the past winners of this Invitational: JT won it last year, and we've seen Lowry, McIlroy, Woods, Johnson, and several other notable names.

I didn't catch that he was sick considering I wasn't listening to the broadcast as much as I was glancing at it every few minutes.

The word enigma threw me. It implies it was difficult for you to understand why he approached the tournament the way he did this past weekend. It seemed, pardon the pun, par for the course for him.

Is it fair to say the WGC is the fifth major? In a sense, it is to me even though it's more than one tournament that is included. It certainly is a "showcase" event considering the past winners of this Invitational: JT won it last year, and we've seen Lowry, McIlroy, Woods, Johnson, and several other notable names.

That's just it for Koepka. You put an all-star event together, like the WGC, and you get his A-game. Otherwise, he plays like he can't be bothered. That's the enigma. His business, either way, he's the best player in golf right now.

With Rory, we talked about it earlier in the season, he just struggles at times with his confidence with the putter. On Sundays, it really shows up. Same with Jordan and a few others of the 20 something group that started so strong at such an early age but right now are starting to resemble shooting stars.

With Rory, we talked about it earlier in the season, he just struggles at times with his confidence with the putter
Two thoughts.

One, struggling with the putter doesn't excuse his actions.
And two, it wasn't his putter he was tossing in the water or his putter he was using to tear up the box.

Does one lead to another? Sure it can. It doesn't change my opinion or what we're seeing; an impetuous child.

No, I meant Rory. Heck, coincidently, it was a WGC event at Doral where it he lost it and chunked his 3i in the water.

The biggest difference here is he's tearing up the course instead of throwing his own club in the water. I have no respect for either action.

Sergio, you know, threw his club at his caddie during the British Open. Dude is getting to be a ticking time bomb in his old age. I didn't see Rory do anything stupid on Sunday, except his usual Sunday melt these days. I did have some company for a brief time yesterday, could have missed it.

@TUSKtimes, likely more attributed to my viewing habits. I'm in my "home office," and have three shows on. I know I had TGC on yesterday as well.

Sergio I'm familiar with as well. His wife carries a three...that gets a nod of respect.

Back
Top Bottom