| PRO 2015 MLB Hallf of Fame Inductees

Mr. Pink

Tolerable
What do you all think about the 4 members to make it this year? I like them a lot, maybe because I grew up watching these guys.

Randy Johnson- A shoe-in for the Hall before his career was halfway over. Won more games in his 30s than he did in his 20s, and also threw a perfect game after turning 40. One of the nastiest sliders ever thrown, one of the meanest pitchers, and he fucking destroys birds. Probably my second favorite pitcher behind Nolan Ryan.

Smoltz- Love the guy... could do it all. 200+wins and 150+ saves. Nobody will ever do that again.

Pedro- Who's his daddy? I loved watching him pitch. Only time I have seen a pitcher throw a No-Hitter and still get the loss. Probably could have had a lot more wins if he wasn't stuck on the Expos for the first half of his career. Always remember him and Ortiz leading the Red Sox back over the Yank's being down 0-3.

Biggio- He has 3000 hits, but I was still a little surprised he made it in this year. Not that he isn't deserving, just don't remember him getting a lot of votes last time he was up for it. Dude loved to take a shot on the arm to get on base.

I agree. It's pretty cool to see guys being inducted that I was able to watch for their entire career. Hell, I remember being in Atlanta for the first game that the Dodgers called up Pedro's older brother Ramon. I still can't believe they traded Pedro to the Expos for Delino DeShields. Rationale: Pedro is small and his mechanics will break down his arm. They nailed it....after 3 Cy Youngs (and 3 other top 3 finishs), he broke down. His stretch from 1997-2003 is quite possibly the most dominant stretch of all-time.

Pedro is the best pitcher I ever watched. Biggie was a serious pain in the ass. Smoltz was the toughest. Randy killed a bird.

All of them are very deserving.

Last edited:
All of them were quite deserving.

Johnson has ridiculous numbers and may be the second best lefthanded pitcher ever after Koufax.
Smoltz has the counting stats and the reputation that he was a shoo-in.
Biggio was going to get in because 3000 hits almost is a lock.
Pedro at his peak had the most dominant two year stretch in major league history.

Back
Top Bottom