| FTBL 2010: Alabama vs. Notre Dame?

rolltyroll

Verified Member
I am sure someone has probably already posted on this but I have not found it yet so I am going to do so. Does anyone know what the odds of this happening are? And who are the sources starting the rumors...

Saban has said numerous time over the last year that he wants to play them. I'd say the chances of it happening are pretty good, but I'm not sure what year or if it would be a home-and-home series or a neutral site game.

Porter said:
Saban has said numerous time over the last year that he wants to play them. I'd say the chances of it happening are pretty good

I HOPE it happens.

But I still keep wanting us to play the Texas Longhorns. Why? Because we've never beaten them. We tied them once in the Bluebonnet Bowl; we're 0-7-1 vs Texas.

bamafan said:
im still trying to understand espn's take on having the hunch-backs ranked in the top 25 right now???

those MOrons

It's why nobody really listens to the garbage ESPN predicts. It's simple...they choose sides and are not impartial. They are NOT journalists...they are pundits.

I hope we do play them, I absolutely HATE that school.

IMO, the reason they are ranked in the top 25 after last years dismissal season is because of the all the Catholic sports writers from the east coast.

I would like to see them be the season opener in 2009, but I think ND would be out of their minds to do that, bc of the next 3 games on their schedule.I guess they would drop Nevada.The reason I say that they would have to drop Nevada is the rumor I heard the other day was that they were trying to get that set up for next year. My source was a Notre Dame fan that runs the sports section for a local newspaper, so I figure he knows what he is talking about.
http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/NDSched.htm

alabama mike said:

IMO, the reason they are ranked in the top 25 after last years dismissal season is because of the all the Catholic sports writers from the east coast.

Could that possibly have kept the Tide from being crowned national champs in 1966, even though they were undefeated and untied, and Notre Dame was not? :wink:

rolltyroll said:
I would like to see them be the season opener in 2009, but I think ND would be out of their minds to do that, bc of the next 3 games on their schedule.I guess they would drop Nevada.The reason I say that they would have to drop Nevada is the rumor I heard the other day was that they were trying to get that set up for next year. My source was a Notre Dame fan that runs the sports section for a local newspaper, so I figure he knows what he is talking about.
http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/NDSched.htm

With ND it's not who they play, but why they play them. It's ALL about the MONEY. Contract with NBC was recently renewed. An opening game with Alabama in 2009 would keep NBC enamored with them a LITTLE bit more than an opening game with Nevada.

bamatommy said:
alabama mike said:

Could that possibly have kept the Tide from being crowned national champs in 1966, even though they were undefeated and untied, and Notre Dame was not? :wink:

The short answer IMO is YES!!! I alos believe that is the reason in 1978 the "fish eaters" jumped from number 5 to number 1 over Alabama.

It's ridiculous for ND to be in the top 25 after this past year. I would so love to see Bama put beatin' on Notre Dame in the nearest possible future.

I don't know the statistics on Catholic sports writers of either coast, but I don't why any Bama fan would air a prejudice against Catholics. And not just because it's offensive to those of us among the fans who are Catholic. But also, and primarily, because Nick Saban is a devout, practicing Catholic too.

Back
Top Bottom