| RECRUIT Why do Auburn fans continuously have false confidence in recruiting?

Some of you have probably already seen Cam Coleman commit to Texas A&M already. They were extremely confident in getting him, which makes me wonder.... why do they do this every single season? I get being a fan, and being confident, but it's usually just unbearable arrogance. Same things happening with Riddick, and Perry at the moment. Happened last year with Russaw and Smith as well. However, it does make for great entertainment when this happens, so I'll gladly keep welcoming it.

They got one of the most corrupt crooters in the game now… and it’s legal to do what he was doing at Ole Miss now…and he doesn’t mind choosing some low down youth to win at all cost..we shall see…

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I occasionally perused a couple of their site and always came away with the impression of Charles from Real Town as a snake oil salesman.

It's an issue that happens when fans of the team, especially ones that lack even the slightest ability to step back at times, feed the masses. I don't think it is exclusive to auburn, but for the most part, their group has always done a poor job of shooting straight to their fans/subscribers. There is a big difference from getting things wrong... that happens (especially this day in age), versus leading fans down a path they know deep down is likely to burn them. But they've done it for years (including in every coaching search, not just in recruiting). They've always played the victim well though, so I guess they just stick with that theme when stuff blows up in their faces.

Some of you have probably already seen Cam Coleman commit to Texas A&M already. They were extremely confident in getting him, which makes me wonder.... why do they do this every single season? I get being a fan, and being confident, but it's usually just unbearable arrogance. Same things happening with Riddick, and Perry at the moment. Happened last year with Russaw and Smith as well. However, it does make for great entertainment when this happens, so I'll gladly keep welcoming it.
Well, they’re idiots!!

It's an issue that happens when fans of the team, especially ones that lack even the slightest ability to step back at times, feed the masses. I don't think it is exclusive to auburn, but for the most part, their group has always done a poor job of shooting straight to their fans/subscribers. There is a big difference from getting things wrong... that happens (especially this day in age), versus leading fans down a path they know deep down is likely to burn them. But they've done it for years (including in every coaching search, not just in recruiting). They've always played the victim well though, so I guess they just stick with that theme when stuff blows up in their faces.
I don't see how those particular people have a following anymore, they've been wrong so many times after blowing smoke up peoples ass. Why would anyone want to follow the word of that anymore? I don't get it.

I don't see how those particular people have a following anymore, they've been wrong so many times after blowing smoke up peoples ass. Why would anyone want to follow the word of that anymore? I don't get it.

They have to go somewhere. I’m sure one of the auburn sites has a better overall track record, but I don’t know of an auburn mod that is really all that respected outside of the auburn fences. Brandon Marcello I think was the last one who probably shot them pretty straight and he wasn’t real popular with them. It’s human nature for people to believe what they want to believe, and I think that certainly holds true for football fans. They (we all) want positive news. Problem is, not everything is going to be great all the time. You have to accept the spoonfuls of occasional shit too.

Back
Top Bottom