| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž#17 Alabama v. #13 Texas A&M: Tide wins game two to even series. (Sunday, 1CT on ESPNU)

Did anyone notice the difference in the 1 inning we scored this weekend out of the 21 innings we played? We didn't try to pull the middle-away pitch! (The roll-over ground ball through the 5/6 hole was the exception and we just got lucky there). Different approach that inning and it created a different outcome. Then we revert back to our old selves for some reason.

Yes you read that correctly. We scored in just 1 inning of the 21 we played in Arkansas.

Man, so many techniques out there. Just hit the damn ball where it's pitched.

We have a coach in our area that teaches and PREACHES inside out, opposite field no matter what. He's good at what he does, but that approach has f'ed up so many young kids it's unreal. Keeping a compact swing with your hands inside is the approach, but the bat path is garbage in my mind. So many players worry about their hands staying inside that they don't swing at a lot of pitches because they can't get their hands where they are coached and they have no freaking power. Drives me nuts when he says "if you pull it, where does their best player play, shortstop, so who is making the play", mind you the reining MVP plays right field and right field in major league baseball on average have the highest contract value. Funny on top of it is his son s a lefty and hits it to the damn shortstop almost every at bat. Like the guy and he's a solid coach, but the technique is not tops in my eyes.

Man, so many techniques out there. Just hit the damn ball where it's pitched.

We have a coach in our area that teaches and PREACHES inside out, opposite field no matter what. He's good at what he does, but that approach has f'ed up so many young kids it's unreal. Keeping a compact swing with your hands inside is the approach, but the bat path is garbage in my mind. So many players worry about their hands staying inside that they don't swing at a lot of pitches because they can't get their hands where they are coached and they have no freaking power. Drives me nuts when he says "if you pull it, where does their best player play, shortstop, so who is making the play", mind you the reining MVP plays right field and right field in major league baseball on average have the highest contract value. Funny on top of it is his son s a lefty and hits it to the damn shortstop almost every at bat. Like the guy and he's a solid coach, but the technique is not tops in my eyes.
Ridiculous!! Was always taught to hit ball where it's pitched. It's hard enough anyway without the "inside out" approach.

Back
Top Bottom