| FTBL 10 most positive things i saw tonite

BigAl

Thread Starter
Verified Member
Century Club
1 Blocking on both sides of the ball
2 Play calling, can you believe we are finally throwing to the tight end
3 Aggressiveness we finally came to play
4 No turnovers
5 Special teams was good( i know tiffin missed 2 field goals)
6 Defensive front put pressure on their QB (we didn't do this at all last year)
7 We scored in the red zone
8 Safetys made good plays in the secondary
9 Few penaltys ( i know we had some mental errors but not many)
10 Coaching
 

AFF

Century Club
BigAl said:
1 Blocking on both sides of the ball
2 Play calling, can you believe we are finally throwing to the tight end
3 Aggressiveness we finally came to play
4 No turnovers
5 Special teams was good( i know tiffin missed 2 field goals)
6 Defensive front put pressure on their QB (we didn't do this at all last year)
7 We scored in the red zone
8 Safetys made good plays in the secondary
9 Few penaltys ( i know we had some mental errors but not many)
10 Coaching

Good analysis. I'd also add our offensive line played well and there were NO SACKS against us!!
 
G

Guest

BigAl said:
1 Blocking on both sides of the ball
2 Play calling, can you believe we are finally throwing to the tight end
3 Aggressiveness we finally came to play
4 No turnovers
5 Special teams was good( i know tiffin missed 2 field goals)
6 Defensive front put pressure on their QB (we didn't do this at all last year)
7 We scored in the red zone
8 Safetys made good plays in the secondary
9 Few penaltys ( i know we had some mental errors but not many)
10 Coaching
1. yes
2.yes
3. yes
4. We didn't put it on the ground either/Or no int. either
5. yes
6.OH yes too.
7. a big Yes
8.yes
9. we had one very bad one.
10.YES!! YES!! YES!!
 

HiTide

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Another HUGE positive.......

The fact that we were able to allow everyone on the depth chart a chance to play, offense and defense. Unless I'm mistaken, 4 different running backs scored TD's.
 

joeman546

Verified Member
Century Club
I think the biggest positive is that despite the flaws mainly in the def, with the return of Prince Hall next week and other (minor IMO) corrections we can only be better next week. Thats great as we didnt get the penetration we should've gotten.

And offense was good, I just with JPW couldve thrown a td :( Itll come i guess.

I really like Saban writing notes of bad mistakes in the first half to carry into halftime.

Next week vs Vandy we should look a little better on def, but it'll be our first real test as a team.
 

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Did you guys know it was legal to throw to the tight end????????????? :wink:

We did it like 6 times tonight. WOW!! Don't you guys tell nobody, because I don't think everybody knows that this can be done. It'll be Coach Applewhites secret.
 

tidenumber1

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
joeman546 said:
I really like Saban writing notes of bad mistakes in the first half to carry into halftime.



I noticed this also. I think this will be a major difference from last year. When we made mistakes before Shula just clapped and smiled. Saban wrote it down and you know he had something to say about it at the half.
 

DustyG

Verified Member
Sideline Club
The biggest positive for me...No Significant Injuries. No need to get kids hurt playing against a team you should be able to handle, and we didn't.
 

Tideboy

<img class="alignleft" src="http://www.rolltidebam
Extra Point Club
rammerjammer said:
Did you guys know it was legal to throw to the tight end????????????? :wink:

We did it like 6 times tonight. WOW!! Don't you guys tell nobody, because I don't think everybody knows that this can be done. It'll be Coach Applewhites secret.

Exactly! Nick had a big night. Great to see the TE's in the mix....finally!
 

JoshB

Scholarship Club
yea the team looked really great tonight for the most part. yes, yes, yes we all know it was Western Carolina but still...

John Parker Wilson looked solid. he seemed to be a little hyper early and overthrew DJ in the redzone pretty badly. but he settled down and looked good overall.

Terry Grant looked AWESOME. if they left him in the game he prolly would've shattered Shaun Alexander's single game touchdown record. easily. Jimmy Johns looked really good tonight too, pound the ball and catches passes out of the backfield. Roy Upchurch & Glen Coffee also both looked very solid. that backfield is REALLY loaded. i wanna see some split back formations with Johns & Grant tho.

ALL the receivers looked very good. DJ played great and threw JPW a VICIOUS block. Stover looked solid in his time, McCoy was solid, Nick Walker was VERY good, and Earl Alexander looked GREAT and made some nice catches. this position is just as loaded as the backfield and will be even better when Keith Brown is back.

The O-Line was awesome. they opened some gaping holes for the backs and gave JPW & McElroy plenty of time to get rid of the ball. Andre Smith was dominating again.

The D-Line surprised me tonight because Lorenzo Washington played very well and seemed to be getting alot of penetration. Gillberry looked solid as well and got double teamed several times it looked like. and it looked like we had 4 down lineman for the most part but i couldnt tell if it was just Saunders or Knight with their hands in the dirt.

The Linebackers looked very solid too. all 4 starters, McClain, Mustin, Knight, & Saunders made some tackles and had some nice hits. that hit Mustin & McClain laid on the WC RB after that TD got called back was vicious. this group is gonna get even better next week when Prince Hall comes back.

now to the DB's and they looked really great. after that almost TD that called back, they woke up and really smothered the WC receivers. Simeon was a BEAST tonight laying the wood to everybody and i dont believe he allowed a catch the whole night (i might be wrong). Mitchell played very well and that Pass Interference that got called on him was BS imo. both Carter & Johnson at Safety's looked solid to me too. especially Johnson.

Special Teams was hit and miss. Tiffin looked bad again to me. i just dont see a starter here and i would much rather have Jamie kicking. his kickoffs were not impressive either. the return game was a different thing. Javier Arenas proved how good he is with his long kickoff and punt returns. he looked GREAT and so did Jonathan Lowe when he finally got a chance to return a punt.

over the team looked very solid and i think they'll only get better next week against Vandy.
 
T

tidentrue12

Birdman37 said:
yea the team looked really great tonight for the most part. yes, yes, yes we all know it was Western Carolina but still...

John Parker Wilson looked solid. he seemed to be a little hyper early and overthrew DJ in the redzone pretty badly. but he settled down and looked good overall.

Terry Grant looked AWESOME. if they left him in the game he prolly would've shattered Shaun Alexander's single game touchdown record. easily. Jimmy Johns looked really good tonight too, pound the ball and catches passes out of the backfield. Roy Upchurch & Glen Coffee also both looked very solid. that backfield is REALLY loaded. i wanna see some split back formations with Johns & Grant tho.

ALL the receivers looked very good. DJ played great and threw JPW a VICIOUS block. Stover looked solid in his time, McCoy was solid, Nick Walker was VERY good, and Earl Alexander looked GREAT and made some nice catches. this position is just as loaded as the backfield and will be even better when Keith Brown is back.

The O-Line was awesome. they opened some gaping holes for the backs and gave JPW & McElroy plenty of time to get rid of the ball. Andre Smith was dominating again.

The D-Line surprised me tonight because Lorenzo Washington played very well and seemed to be getting alot of penetration. Gillberry looked solid as well and got double teamed several times it looked like. and it looked like we had 4 down lineman for the most part but i couldnt tell if it was just Saunders or Knight with their hands in the dirt.

The Linebackers looked very solid too. all 4 starters, McClain, Mustin, Knight, & Saunders made some tackles and had some nice hits. that hit Mustin & McClain laid on the WC RB after that TD got called back was vicious. this group is gonna get even better next week when Prince Hall comes back.

now to the DB's and they looked really great. after that almost TD that called back, they woke up and really smothered the WC receivers. Simeon was a BEAST tonight laying the wood to everybody and i dont believe he allowed a catch the whole night (i might be wrong). Mitchell played very well and that Pass Interference that got called on him was BS imo. both Carter & Johnson at Safety's looked solid to me too. especially Johnson.

Special Teams was hit and miss. Tiffin looked bad again to me. i just dont see a starter here and i would much rather have Jamie kicking. his kickoffs were not impressive either. the return game was a different thing. Javier Arenas proved how good he is with his long kickoff and punt returns. he looked GREAT and so did Jonathan Lowe when he finally got a chance to return a punt.

over the team looked very solid and i think they'll only get better next week against Vandy.

nice post, i think that just about sums it up
 
Top Bottom