| FTBL WVU coach search

Why do people even post this crap...

Yeah, it is total madness lol CNS is not going anywhere. I wish people would quit posting this waste. When you see something like this, ignore it.

Something that could be fueling those rumors is that WVU has delayed naming a coach much longer than the other teams. That they've waited 'til after Bama finished their bowl game would make it appear (to some) that they were waiting on CNS.

That said, I can't see him leaving, either.

ColoradoTide said:
Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Why do people even post this crap...

Simple answer: Regardless of how much everyone bad-mouths him he's every program's wet dream. :D

Get used to it though - now that we have a premier coach you'll hear this every season as long as he's here.

Maybe true but I get tired of seeing it especially when there is not need to even put it up.

Why would he leave to go to WVU...besides him being good friends with the gov, and even he said "brother Nick and Terry are very happy." Saban is in football heaven at Alabama. Leave for WVU :roll:

I guess there is always a chance CNS will leave for lesser paying job, less demanding counference, colder weather, and uproot his family again. I personally do not see it. Everything aside, where are all these artices and reports of TS being unhappy in Alabama? Well, besides on the Auburn and WVA forums.

He's getting the hard $ell from guys like Jerry West, and the grandson of the founder of the Jed Clampett Foundation, also the illegitimate heir to the moonshine still trust, the cousin of the fifth cousin who never saw the first cousin before... I swear! They are all pu$hing CN$ to come back to the hill$ of WV & all the banking commercials he can muster guaranteed!!!

Personally, I think Bill Steward should get the nod. He is ready for a head coaching position. If he wins the Fiesta, he should get it hands down.

Big_Fan said:
Personally, I think Bill Steward should get the nod. He is ready for a head coaching position. If he wins the Fiesta, he should get it hands down.

I do wonder, if the reports end up being true and he's selected as the next guy, if there will be a handful of threads talking about how he handles press conferences. (think Shula's announcement)

I think he would be a solid replacement to continue what Rod has built there. He definitely knows the system considering he's been coaching the QB's since '00.

TerryP said:
Big_Fan said:

I do wonder, if the reports end up being true and he's selected as the next guy, if there will be a handful of threads talking about how he handles press conferences. (think Shula's announcement)

I think he would be a solid replacement to continue what Rod has built there. He definitely knows the system considering he's been coaching the QB's since '00.

He is a LOT more relaxed in public speaking than Shula. It comes with tons of experience. The biggest concern with the way he handles the PC will be that he is too down-home and not business enough. Stew is a cool guy...his performance at VMI was a result of the situation he was in - not an indication of his abilities. They have not had a coach with a winning percentage over .400 since 1965. The guy has great credentials and a ton of experience...I am surprise that he has not gotten a shot at a major program already.

The thing that stood out for me in last nights game was all the personal foul penalties. Was it a case of taking out there frustration on OU, or is it things to come. He seems like a players coach, and that doesnt always work when it comes to 18 and 19 year old kids.

Outlaw said:
Don't know if this will be a good long term solution, but I'm glad he got it.

One thing for sure is that he is loaded for next year...

I ran across a thread in the last few days talking about who should be ranked in the top 5, pre-season next year. It got me to looking around at different teams, re: graduation.

WVU has some issues on their defense with a lot of player graduating. (3-3-5 scheme, remember?)

They lose 2 of the 3 starters on their DL, one of their 3 LB'ers, and 4 out of the 5 in their secondary.

That's a lot of players to replace heading into next season. Only having 4 players return on defense is going to create a few growing pains early on in the season.

They don't have their schedule finalized yet (according to what I've seen) but tentatively they are looking at Auburn, Marshall and at Colorado in their first month.

Didn't realize they were losing that many defensive players. They are returning a good bit of their offense though, so if they can develop some young guys, they will be good to go. I'm pretty sure they can outscore a lot of teams next year.

Outlaw said:
Didn't realize they were losing that many defensive players. They are returning a good bit of their offense though, so if they can develop some young guys, they will be good to go. I'm pretty sure they can outscore a lot of teams next year.

If I recall correctly, they are losing 2 on offense: TE and WR.

TerryP said:
Outlaw said:

If I recall correctly, they are losing 2 on offense: TE and WR.

I don't think it is a garauntee that White or Slaton will return.

Back
Top Bottom