| MBB/WBB WVU Coach Bob Huggins In Big Trouble

Talk about the word “decency” that you mentioned in a previous post and here what’s said in front of your daughter. Reminds me of an event I took the kids to at Nissan Stadium a few years back, they were about 6 and 13 at the time. It happened to be Pride weekend in downtown Nashville. The parade was forming a couple hours after we arrived and parked so there were at least a couple thousand folks there early to celebrate. I couldn’t believe the things we saw and heard while trying to get from our parking deck to the pedestrian bridge. Indecent exposure and the language being said, not to mention some of the comments people were making. Decency was not found anywhere. My kids saw and heard things I’d much rather them not have experienced.
I’m sorry your child saw and heard those things, I really am.

But, there’s been far more people on the right that parade around about being “Christians” that have attacked and harassed people simply for their sexual orientation than gay and lesbians have to straight people

Nobody is demanding you or anybody else “think like they think”…..you do have a right to your opinion and if you said that word in the presence of my daughter you also have the right to the repercussions that would come with it
Anybody that is bigoted is a prick, I am decent, but anybody that’s bigoted towards my kid is a prick and there’s zero decency from me in that regard

I don't get the correlation here...Catholic fags and you're "protecting your daughter" from what? Where's the offense in relation to your daughter?

IF "our nation's children are all our children..." where is your right to be offended? 🙃

They travel in packs? I thought it was a flamboyance....no, that's flamingos.
fucked-up-seth-rogan.gif

Anybody that is bigoted is a prick, I am decent, but anybody that’s bigoted towards my kid is a prick and there’s zero decency from me in that regard

See, this is where hypocrisy comes in. You claim to be "decent", until you don't want to be, yet you talk down to others. That's called hypocrisy. I am a decent guy, but admit to using pretty much every word in the book. I don't talk down to you for using certain words, because I use them. You have every right to get pissed off if anyone ever messes with your kids, just don't be a hypocrite and call them a derogatory name and do to them what they did to you and think it's ok for you to do it and not them. That's not decent, fight the urge to lower yourself to someone else's standard.

Ok. So this morning I ate breakfast with a good buddy of mine. His son who happens to be gay shows up, to borrow money from his dad. (He’s 25 years old and still borrowing money from his old man, but that’s another story). So I played this clip for him, because we were discussing it when he came in. His exact words were, the only people that that will supposedly “offend” are the “social justice warriors”. He also said that he doesn’t understand how that could be offensive at all. It was a friendly yet derogatory comment among catholic buddies is the way he took it. He also said this guys head would probably roll, because somebody somewhere thinks it offends somebody somewhere. When it actually doesn’t offend anyone, not even the ones he was referring to.

Ok. So this morning I ate breakfast with a good buddy of mine. His son who happens to be gay shows up, to borrow money from his dad. (He’s 25 years old and still borrowing money from his old man, but that’s another story). So I played this clip for him, because we were discussing it when he came in. His exact words were, the only people that that will supposedly “offend” are the “social justice warriors”. He also said that he doesn’t understand how that could be offensive at all. It was a friendly yet derogatory comment among catholic buddies is the way he took it. He also said this guys head would probably roll, because somebody somewhere thinks it offends somebody somewhere. When it actually doesn’t offend anyone, not even the ones he was referring to.
There’s a good number of cases around the US where folks “take up the cause” for someone else. Or cry “offensive” for someone else. The chief of the Catawba nation gave us some very good examples of that back in 2018 at a local community meeting in Charlotte. It was eye opening.

The part of this story that I think is getting overlooked, is that no one remembers this “event” happening at a Xavier basketball game. I’ve seen threads from their alum and Cincy alum and season ticket holders from decades back and no one remembers or has ever heard of this incident. Not saying it didn’t happen, but it’s odd that no one remembers it. You’d think there would be an article or two about it. Someone threw a single rubber organ in the endzone of a Bills game a few years ago and it was all over the news and highlights.

I’m sorry your child saw and heard those things, I really am.

But, there’s been far more people on the right that parade around about being “Christians” that have attacked and harassed people simply for their sexual orientation than gay and lesbians have to straight people

Yeah... but two wrongs don't make a right. Never has. The sanctimonious always use this an excuse to hack away at others perspective. Religious or non-religious.

And here is the definition of a bigot:
a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

What's funny here is most of the time when folks sling the bigot term, they themselves are practicing the very thing they are vilifying (see definition emphasis). And the context of your observation about Christians attacking harassing the LGBTQ+ community is no different than the LGBTQ+ painting the same picture of the Christian community.

Both perspectives have a place in our country as long as one doesn't try to infringe on another's rights to life/pursue their beliefs. Unfortunately, the ability to disagree without presuming one's rights are being infringed is the NOT norm of today's culture. And sorry but stating one's beliefs doesn't necessarily make them a bigot nor does that statement itself infringe someone else's right to life, liberty, & pursuit of happiness.

@ElephantStomp & may I add this. I am Christian. I have a gay brother whose morals I don't condone/enable. But like him, I wish your daughter the very best. I would vehemently defend their right to live as they chose. I'd defend on this forum, in an public square, or church. Its their right to chose to live as they may. Now, I don't have to endorse their lifestyle to defend their right to live it however they chose. I think that is one of the things that makes our republic so special for all folks from every walk of life.

Teachers aren’t doing anything of that sort. Teachers are the new enemy of the right. None of what you said has anything to do with what I said. You don’t have to “just roll over and agree with it”, but your not liking it doesn’t give you or any other Christian the right to come at my daughter and that’s what some of you on the right think

Many are:

Nearly 6,000 US public schools hide child’s gender status from parents

Pennsylvania school district encouraging teachers to not disclose students' gender identity to parents

School Districts Are Hiding Information About Gender-Transitioning Children From Their Parents. This Is Unconstitutional.

Maryland teacher with multiple non-binary identities admits hiding students' gender transitions from parents

@ElephantStomp & may I add this. I am Christian. I have a gay brother whose morals I don't condone/enable. But like him, I wish your daughter the very best. I would vehemently defend their right to live as they chose. I'd defend on this forum, in an public square, or church. Its their right to chose to live as they may. Now, I don't have to endorse their lifestyle to defend their right to live it however they chose. I think that is one of the things that makes our republic so special for all folks from every walk of life.
Perfectly said

I am a high school principal and have been in education now for 37 years, 33 in Ohio. I can assure you this is not happening in our school system! There are always a few that bring dishonor to any profession, including education. If any of this happened in our district, they would be put on leave immediately with the intention to dismiss. Please don’t put everyone in education in the same boat because there are some amazing people in public education making a difference with young people.

Last edited:
I am a high school principal and have been in education now for 37 years, 33 in Ohio. I can assure you when this is not happening in our school system! There are always a few that bring dishonor to any profession, including education. If any of this happened in our district, they would be put on leave immediately with the intention to dismiss. Please don’t everyone in education in the same boat because there are some amazing people in public education making a difference with young people.
One is too many.

I am a high school principal and have been in education now for 37 years, 33 in Ohio. I can assure you when this is not happening in our school system! There are always a few that bring dishonor to any profession, including education. If any of this happened in our district, they would be put on leave immediately with the intention to dismiss. Please don’t everyone in education in the same boat because there are some amazing people in public education making a difference with young people.
Some great people in the education system here. I know many of the administration with it being a smaller town. The good teachers are vastly underpaid. My daughter's teachers do not dive into giving their personal opinions on hot button topics. They teach from the curriculum and only encourage the students to study all sides and form their own opinion. Which is the way it should be. From kindergarten all the way through college. Lol and on a lighter note, I am proud to say that my child has not been exposed at school to some of the lunacy that is going on in an unfortunate amount of schools. We do have Ag classes but fortunately not drag classes

One is too many.

I do not disagree. Every profession has people who give that vocation a bad name. I have people that are friends, not close, but friends and even some cousins who have very different views than me on a variety of subjects. I am not right and they are not wrong, they are not right and I am not wrong.

For the past few years, I have been trying my best to live by: "It's ok for you to believe what you believe. It is not okay however, for you to insist that everyone else believe the same as you."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom