| FTBL WOW

bama4life said:
JP best QB in the nation?

Yeah. It was over for me at that point. :lol:

I like JPW and for obvious reasons hope he does well, and he can do well. But he's arguably the 3rd, 4th or 5th best QB in his own conference. I appreciate Griese' comments but that was a very uninformed remark on his part.

bama4life said:
JP best QB in the nation?

I saw this flipping by ESPNU early this morning and he didn't say JP was the best QB in the nation. What he said was "one of the best," which can be a subjective term.

At times JP shows that he can be, at other times you wonder what he's been smoking.

We'll see what this year holds, however. I hope he has a break out year.

I saw this flipping by ESPNU early this morning and he didn't say JP was the best QB in the nation. What he said was "one of the best," which can be a subjective term.

At times JP shows that he can be, at other times you wonder what he's been smoking.

We'll see what this year holds, however. I hope he has a break out year.

I should have corrected myself earlier and say "One of the best". Although I can't agree with it.

I hope JP does well this year and maybe I will feel different about him at the end of the season.[/u]

JPW is not that bad of a QB, if he can start looking around for the open receivers and quit looking at his 1st option he would do much better IMHO. Basically in my opinion his field vision is his problem. He has a solid arm, can scramble if he has too, and is great at the hurry up offense.

I think they should every now and then run a hurry up offense because JPW excels when they do. I look for him to do much better this year, and might even quiet his critics. I hope he kicks tail and winds up holding all of Bama's records.

I just about choked when I heard that. Glad to finally see ESPN say something positive about us.

JPW is one of the best QBs in the country? I of course really hope he does well this year, but I can't agree with bob on this.

Cory

JPW has had his bad moments for sure, but props to him for having the mentality that let us come back big time against Ark and Ga last season. That is guts and leadership.

Crimson Classics this past Sunday featured the 1985 Alabama Georgia game. Another Bama qb who certainly wasn't regarded as among the most talented led a touchdown drive in the last 50 seconds of that game to give us the win, and Paul Kennedy the memorable line "God bless you, Mike Shula." Recent issues with MS aside I hope JPW can give us the kind of year that MS had in 1985.

If we believe that CNS is the superior coach that we know he is, then we have to think that everyday that our guys are with the coach they will get better relative to the other teams and their players.

That said, starting this week our guys really speed up their closing on other teams.

Considering what Bob pointed out (i.e. Bama lost ITS LAST game), there is still a great deal of improvement to be made before our boys play those boys. We should be really tough come October and November.

LBS said:
If we believe that CNS is the superior coach that we know he is, then we have to think that everyday that our guys are with the coach they will get better relative to the other teams and their players.

That said, starting this week our guys really speed up their closing on other teams.

Considering what Bob pointed out (i.e. Bama lost ITS LAST game), there is still a great deal of improvement to be made before our boys play those boys. We should be really tough come October and November.

huh? we beat Colorado in our last game.

if JP can stop with the stupid mistakes (fumble on our own 10 vs. LSU)....I think he will have a great year.

Remember, he might after this year hold almost all of the passing records at Bama. I know historically we are not a throwing team, but still...thats some pretty good company.

Also, we have got to have a solid running game.....if we cant run the ball.....i dont like our chances.

It Takes Eleven said:
Birdman37 said:
yea i saw that yesterday. today Mark May said Bama was gonna beat Clemson too and Griese said that Julio Jones would be a breakout player.

ESPN's newfound love of Bama is getting a little icky. Today, Suzy Kolber announced she was carrying Joe Willie's love child.

Too much lovin in this thread, us Bama fans aren't use to this crap. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom