| FTBL Would you rather buy a ticket to the game OR

BigAl said:
CrimsonPirate said:
Most of the time, the game I see is the LSU game. And, usually I'm sitting right in the middle of a bunch of loudmouth Tiger fans. It's great when we win, but when we lose, I hear about it. Therefore, I'd just as soon watch it from my 50-yard line La-Z-Boy.

However, I would not turn down tickets to a Bama game if some of you guys need to unload a couple. :shock: :D

I wouldn't either but my kids are grown and gone and i absolutely hate to go to a game alone.
I have a 13-year-old grandson that I'm trying to indoctrinate into the Bama Nation. We made the Duke game last year and the big A-Day game this spring.

BigAl said:
CrimsonPirate said:
Most of the time, the game I see is the LSU game. And, usually I'm sitting right in the middle of a bunch of loudmouth Tiger fans. It's great when we win, but when we lose, I hear about it. Therefore, I'd just as soon watch it from my 50-yard line La-Z-Boy.

However, I would not turn down tickets to a Bama game if some of you guys need to unload a couple. :shock: :D

I wouldn't either but my kids are grown and gone and i absolutely hate to go to a game alone.

PM me for my number if you ever need someone to go with. I have went by myself before and the feelings just the same. I mean you get to hang out with 92k of some of the best folks on God's green Earth. What could possibly be better than that?

I had been watching Alabama games on TV a lot and my dream was going to Alabama game. I might think about going there alone, but it might not be good idea. I asked a couple of friends who are Auburn fans if they want to go with me to Alabama game. They refuse to go there.

If anyone want to do this, PM me and we might work things out. I want to have experiences to be in the stadium to watch Alabama games.

I would much rather go to the game (Tide Pride Member). For these reasons:

1. I have my own grill just like I would at home at my tailgate.

2. I have satellite hookup at the tailgate so I get to see every game up until Alabama kicks off.

3. The crowds and walking really aren't that bad once you get used to them.

4. Its fun to invite friends and family to go to games with me. Especially people who are fans but who haven't been to a game.

5. Seeing cheerleaders in person

6. Seeing all the other girls that are down there. :lol:

7. I don't have to pay to park where i tailgate.

8. I can be home in 20 minutes. (I live in Cottondale).

9. I can't imagine watching a game on TV would be half as entertaining as being there. To be surrounded by thousands of Alabama fans, to hear the crowd roaring all around you after a big play, eating stadium dogs, cheering, the smell of college football in the air, singing rammer jammer after a victory, the walk back and post game tailgate with everyone yelling "roll tide", seeing the pre-game videos, and once in a while we even get a flyover...I wouldn't miss it for anything.

I actually got a little burned out on going to games when I was in school. I got to see all of our Tuscaloosa home games for free between 1995-1997, and basically stopped going to games one I graduated. I have gone to two Ole sis games and a Georgia game since then, and have just now gotten back to wanting to go to the game. Arky will be my first game in the expanded stadium, and I am looking forward to it.

BTW, mckinjc, where will you be tailgating for the Arky game again? I would love to stop by and visit your satellite, I mean you. :twisted:

i haven't been to a game in person since 92' so i would love to go to another one...having said that, i really enjoy watching at home where i can pause it if i need to, sit on my couch plus its a safety thing for others...i don't wanna hurt anybody and i have a tendency to get kinda tense during games (i get that from my mother). last year my dogs would leave the room during the games and my husband would leave the house (he doesn't like football, i don't understand this but its true...i married one of those).

There is nothing like being there at a game. However, I'm just as content sitting at my friend's apartment in Preston Place outside the stadium. Drinking with a bunch of friends in a apartment is fun, but drinking with 92,000 friends is even better. :D

rhea said:
i haven't been to a game in person since 92' so i would love to go to another one...having said that, i really enjoy watching at home where i can pause it if i need to, sit on my couch plus its a safety thing for others...i don't wanna hurt anybody and i have a tendency to get kinda tense during games (i get that from my mother). last year my dogs would leave the room during the games and my husband would leave the house (he doesn't like football, i don't understand this but its true...i married one of those).

It's hard to beat being there. I actually get more tense and wound up watching in my living room than I do at the game. I've been going to four to six games a year for the past eight years or so, which is about the best I can do between kids' games and other weekend commitments, particularly when almost every game I go to means a 400 mile round trip.

RTR,

Tim

I prefer being there (Tide Pride since 2001), but it is getting harder to do. My kids are getting to the age (5 & 8) where they have school events or sports. Plus driving to T-town from ATL every Sat AM and coming back that night is starting to drain on my 35 year old body.

Another fact is that I am also a UA Student (EXD) completing my degree I started at Bama prior to Army service. So with kids, my school, and the distance TV is becoming more of a favorable option.

This will be my last season doing TP full time. I will still get the tix and sell to family members, and goto a few. Of course I always goto the Aub and UT game. :D

RollTideinGA said:
I prefer being there (Tide Pride since 2001), but it is getting harder to do. My kids are getting to the age (5 & 8) where they have school events or sports. Plus driving to T-town from ATL every Sat AM and coming back that night is starting to drain on my 35 year old body.

Another fact is that I am also a UA Student (EXD) completing my degree I started at Bama prior to Army service. So with kids, my school, and the distance TV is becoming more of a favorable option.

This will be my last season doing TP full time. I will still get the tix and sell to family members, and goto a few. Of course I always goto the Aub and UT game. :D

I agree with you and Eleven. I drive that much as well plus a little more coming from Gwinnett. I have kids that are very involved in sports too. I hate to say it, but I'm pulling each one out once from their games to go with me to Tuscaloosa. I'm just letting their coaches know ahead of time that we'll miss one to be out of town.

There is nothing like being in Bryant-Denny in person. It involves a lot of time, money and sacrifice at times, but as soon as I take one step into the stadium I know it's all worth it. You just can't beat it. :)

DustyG said:
I actually got a little burned out on going to games when I was in school. I got to see all of our Tuscaloosa home games for free between 1995-1997, and basically stopped going to games one I graduated. I have gone to two Ole sis games and a Georgia game since then, and have just now gotten back to wanting to go to the game. Arky will be my first game in the expanded stadium, and I am looking forward to it.

BTW, mckinjc, where will you be tailgating for the Arky game again? I would love to stop by and visit your satellite, I mean you. :twisted:

Oh yeah I'll be there. Right front lawn of Moody Music building. Black Nissan Titan. Red Alabama Tent. Stop by, grab something off the grill, and watch some football.

rhea said:

Your a JINX get your butt back to a game! :p

Lenny Kozlowski said:
rhea said:

I agree with Lenny!
(did I just write that?)

I would definitely rather be in the stadium than watching the game at home. I know that you can't see instant replay and all of that, but it's the atmosphere that makes it so freaking great. Plus, I've never been to a BAMA game where BAMA has lost. So, of course, I'd rather be in the stadium watching BAMA win. :D

It Takes Eleven said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
rhea said:

I agree with Lenny!
(did I just write that?)

It happens Sometimes...

Back
Top Bottom