| FTBL Word out of Mobile...Ray doing the baseball gig...

BamaFan615 said:
Would have loved to see him on the football field but, oh well, best of luck to him. Was there any word on his grades? if they had an affect of his decision?

I haven't heard any numbers, just that him qualifying was questionable. His grades were submitted to UA a few days ago...so I'm assuming he didn't make it past compliance.

I thought he was taken pretty low and we had a shot, but I guess he was set on baseball.

Hood is as good as gone I'm guessing? He was taken pretty high at 55th overall...

Tider27 said:
I thought he was taken pretty low and we had a shot, but I guess he was set on baseball.

Hood is as good as gone I'm guessing? He was taken pretty high at 55th overall...

Yeah, he's gone. A lot of threads out there talk about him being in the 400K range, but that is simply wrong. Negotiations are starting in the 600K's for his signing bonus.

Best of luck to the both of them, I really would of loved to see both of them on the field to be honest. This gives others opportunities at the WR position, we know we're far from being short on talent.

Tider27 said:
Best of luck to the both of them, I really would of loved to see both of them on the field to be honest. This gives others opportunities at the WR position, we know we're far from being short on talent.

What it does is make me think we'll end up with 3 WR's this next class instead of two. May be wrong...that's just my gut instinct.

TerryP said:
Tider27 said:

What it does is make me think we'll end up with 3 WR's this next class instead of two. May be wrong...that's just my gut instinct.

I would echo that opinion. On a related note, it is nice to be in a situation where we lose 2 top shelf receivers to MLB, but it doesn't really sting. We know Saban will just reload with 2 more top shelf receivers. If 2 guys of that caliber had done this on Shula's watch, this place would be in a meltdown of worry and impending doom.

Porter said:
TerryP said:
Tider27 said:

I would echo that opinion. On a related note, it is nice to be in a situation where we lose 2 top shelf receivers to MLB, but it doesn't really sting. We know Saban will just reload with 2 more top shelf receivers. If 2 guys of that caliber had done this on Shula's watch, this place would be in a meltdown of worry and impending doom.

No doubt, I'm thinking the three I personally want is Kelly, Bumphis, and Jamal Patterson. Of course those are the more realistic ones, I wouldn't mind having Randle or Brown.

Add that kind of talent with what we have coming in, we're talking about the best group of WR's in the nation.

kayleighsdad said:
Best of luck to both guys.

How does this affect our numbers for the 08 class?

32 = signees
-2 - MLB guys with Hood and Ray
-2 - grades with Murphy and Lewis
-2 - back counters towards the '07 class

Matchett hasn't enrolled yet but only needs one class this summer (to get a higher grade) to make it. Bolten isn't on campus as well and information about his academic situation has been pretty hard to come by as of late. Two ways to look at Bolten's situation. No news means bad news or no news means he's concentrating hard on getting qualified.

The numbers for the '08 class are fine. At worst case scenarion we have one grey-shirt.

NOW, the total 85 has more of a question mark behind it. Knight and Mitchell with injuries and then there is Prince but his situation is improving. 2-3 positions need to open up there.

BamaFan615 said:
Terry, what's the latest with Neighbors' situation? - Is he still going on Bryant Scholarship?

That's been speculated all along. Thanks, I forgot to include that in the breakdown, which, if he does take the Bryant Scholarship would put us at 25.

Back
Top Bottom