| FTBL Wolken's last target? UGA. "Kirby Smart, Georgia football program need to heed warning signs before it's too late."

The issues raised in Wednesday’s piece are serious enough on their own that Smart would be foolish to try to brush away with smugness.

The Journal-Constitution found that 11 players during Smart’s seven seasons as head coach had been retained in the program after women had made abuse allegations against them to either local police or the university. The report included new details about specific incidents, including one in 2022 in which a recruit wound up under investigation for sexual assault during a visit after breaking curfew and getting drunk as a 16-year-old. That player, defensive tackle Jamaal Jarrett, was not charged and is set to play for Georgia as a freshman this fall.

It's definitely "long form."

I don't know whose ranking it was, I just remember hearing just about every broadcast how he was a three star that turned into an All-American.
I hear A LOT of broadcasts that are wrong about players. I remember that period pretty clearly and know it was ESPN that had him rated the lowest. They'd just entered the recruiting industry with Lugenbill and he had a HUGE problem with Saban at Bama. It was a Rivals and Scout world for paid/premium Internet sites following recruiting.

247's composite for that year was put together a few years after he'd been signed. The scored those players based on the three services mentioned here. If one score Barrett as a 4 star, ESPN dropped their 78 rating, it only makes sense Scout had him as a four star as well. The composite score ... the average of those three services.

IT doesn't really matter here ... Saban had an inside track based a lot of where Barrett lived and who his next door neighbor happened to be (Sexton) ... and then there's his family history.

Back
Top Bottom