| FTBL Wolken's last target? UGA. "Kirby Smart, Georgia football program need to heed warning signs before it's too late."

The issues raised in Wednesday’s piece are serious enough on their own that Smart would be foolish to try to brush away with smugness.

The Journal-Constitution found that 11 players during Smart’s seven seasons as head coach had been retained in the program after women had made abuse allegations against them to either local police or the university. The report included new details about specific incidents, including one in 2022 in which a recruit wound up under investigation for sexual assault during a visit after breaking curfew and getting drunk as a 16-year-old. That player, defensive tackle Jamaal Jarrett, was not charged and is set to play for Georgia as a freshman this fall.

It's definitely "long form."

A while back, I don't think I said it here on this board, but it was on a different site, I said at some point Kirby is going to have to deal with some things that's going on in Athens for a while, and how he's going to handle it, it will determine his legacy and the status of his program.... Fast forward, I read the article and I said to myself, Baylor 2.0 and while it won't cost Kirby jobs, but his ability to recruit players and win the games down the road, that's something to watch in next few years. He did whatever it tooks to win the game.... He just swept those under the rugs.

More pressure against Georgia and I think they will crack... players transferring and losing elite players.

I'd like to believe you, but parents and players don't even care anymore, it's about NIL whether they admit it or not. I doubt you get a kid like Arch Manning, but how many in the whole scheme of things are as stand up as that family and their image? I think you'll see a minimal impact in recruiting as long as they keep pumping out the money, winning games of note, and getting kids to the NFL. Honor, Respect, Loyalty, and Accountability are all out the window. Speaking in generalities and to the masses of course, not 100% of players and families.

I'd like to believe you, but parents and players don't even care anymore, it's about NIL whether they admit it or not. I doubt you get a kid like Arch Manning, but how many in the whole scheme of things are as stand up as that family and their image? I think you'll see a minimal impact in recruiting as long as they keep pumping out the money, winning games of note, and getting kids to the NFL. Honor, Respect, Loyalty, and Accountability are all out the window. Speaking in generalities and to the masses of course, not 100% of players and families.
So, let me point out something right now... This isn't a big deal right now. It's about to be July soon, and we know lot can happen between now and December.
Have you noticed that Georgia has been taking commits from 3 stars player in the last few years? Most Elite program takes 4 stars and 5 starts.. and very few 3 stars players....

Georgia will see few players flipping to another team between now and then. Their Recruiting is not elite anymore.. but it's up there with Bama, Ohio State and how do you lose a 5 star player to Florida State?

They will always get the best players to come to Georgia, but issue iwth the culture of the program there... at some point, it will crack. Look at Florida under Meyer. Look at Tennessee under Pruitt. Look at Ole Miss under Freeze. Look at LSU under O.... They were good.. pulling in talents... but culture of the program... it cracked. Smart is very good coach and he will win games, but crack is showing in his program. It won't be sustainable.

That is the cost of winning recruiting wars at all cost..This bug bit Saban several years ago…Saban admitted he would have to adjust to more character based recruiting instead of just athletic ability…He ended up with some me-first uncoachable thugs…

That is the cost of winning recruiting wars at all cost..This bug bit Saban several years ago…Saban admitted he would have to adjust to more character based recruiting instead of just athletic ability…He ended up with some me-first uncoachable thugs…
Saban said it himself… that he had to do a better job, trying to find the player with the attitude for his system

So, let me point out something right now... This isn't a big deal right now. It's about to be July soon, and we know lot can happen between now and December.
Have you noticed that Georgia has been taking commits from 3 stars player in the last few years? Most Elite program takes 4 stars and 5 starts.. and very few 3 stars players....

Georgia will see few players flipping to another team between now and then. Their Recruiting is not elite anymore.. but it's up there with Bama, Ohio State and how do you lose a 5 star player to Florida State?

They will always get the best players to come to Georgia, but issue iwth the culture of the program there... at some point, it will crack. Look at Florida under Meyer. Look at Tennessee under Pruitt. Look at Ole Miss under Freeze. Look at LSU under O.... They were good.. pulling in talents... but culture of the program... it cracked. Smart is very good coach and he will win games, but crack is showing in his program. It won't be sustainable.

Well, they have the #1 quarterback (at the moment), #1 cornerback, #3 Safety, and Alabama's top linebacker and #2 player. I think they are simply taking three star players in efforts of locking some guys in, but willing to cut them loose once the bigger fish come into focus. I agree that that could be an issue that bites them down the line taking commitments only to tell them to look around late in the process, but pretty sure all big programs do this.

As far as losing a commit to Florida State, that's not all that surprising due to their little resurgence last year and the amount of money I hear their NIL is collecting. Plus the guy is closer to Tallahassee than Athens being from Colquitt County by a couple of hours. Florida State used to get anyone they wanted from South Georgia. This is not surprising or a indication they are losing recruits over this sweeping under the rug stuff.

Look, I can't stand Curbee. I hope it all does come down on him for what he has done to secure his legacy and winning those Natty's. He does have a real problem with the lawlessness his program is showing. Reminds me of when Richt was there and did not have a good grip on it all and when Spurrier made his comments about playing them early in the season. Also reminds me of Meyer like you stated. Georgia fans are delusional and will ignore it, they already are, my dad included. It's never a response to the point, it's always "oh, well Saban is just an angel huh" type of comment. So they will hopefully get what's coming to them, but I just don't think they players give a crap about these headlines and only care about themselves and the money they can make. College football is quickly evolving into an animal worse than the NFL, as we talk about here daily. Gotta prove yourself to play in the NFL and make money, the total opposite in college where you're paid off potential and what you may do.

send me the link where he said it.
I don’t need to send you a link because I know he said it after a disappointing season.. Saban come out and said he had players that did not buy in and they were basically lazy… you could see on the sideline, the whole season he was miserable.. so that’s how we ended up with you guys like Bryce Young , Tua and some of the others…He changed the evaluation process to find players with a better attitude and work ethic.. prove me wrong… do you watch any of his post recruiting or season interviews?

I don’t need to send you a link because I know he said it after a disappointing season.. Saban come out and said he had players that did not buy in and they were basically lazy… you could see on the sideline, the whole season he was miserable.. so that’s how we ended up with you guys like Bryce Young , Tua and some of the others…He changed the evaluation process to find players with a better attitude and work ethic.. prove me wrong… do you watch any of his post recruiting or season interviews?
oh yes, I do.... but go back and read my replies to your statement, I highlighted a certain word in bold. "thug"

Well, they have the #1 quarterback (at the moment), #1 cornerback, #3 Safety, and Alabama's top linebacker and #2 player. I think they are simply taking three star players in efforts of locking some guys in, but willing to cut them loose once the bigger fish come into focus. I agree that that could be an issue that bites them down the line taking commitments only to tell them to look around late in the process, but pretty sure all big programs do this.

As far as losing a commit to Florida State, that's not all that surprising due to their little resurgence last year and the amount of money I hear their NIL is collecting. Plus the guy is closer to Tallahassee than Athens being from Colquitt County by a couple of hours. Florida State used to get anyone they wanted from South Georgia. This is not surprising or a indication they are losing recruits over this sweeping under the rug stuff.

Look, I can't stand Curbee. I hope it all does come down on him for what he has done to secure his legacy and winning those Natty's. He does have a real problem with the lawlessness his program is showing. Reminds me of when Richt was there and did not have a good grip on it all and when Spurrier made his comments about playing them early in the season. Also reminds me of Meyer like you stated. Georgia fans are delusional and will ignore it, they already are, my dad included. It's never a response to the point, it's always "oh, well Saban is just an angel huh" type of comment. So they will hopefully get what's coming to them, but I just don't think they players give a crap about these headlines and only care about themselves and the money they can make. College football is quickly evolving into an animal worse than the NFL, as we talk about here daily. Gotta prove yourself to play in the NFL and make money, the total opposite in college where you're paid off potential and what you may do.
I'm pretty sure Alabama is trying to flip Ellis Robinson IV from Georgia. They're pushing hard for him. KJ Bolden too. Both visited Alabama recently.

I'm not sure if they will or not, but other than that, I agree with you 100 percent.

I'm pretty sure Alabama is trying to flip Ellis Robinson IV from Georgia. They're pushing hard for him. KJ Bolden too. Both visited Alabama recently.

I'm not sure if they will or not, but other than that, I agree with you 100 percent.

Yes, they are trying hard to flip both Woodyard and Robinson. Robinson has been 100% Georgia Georgia Georgia since his commitment, but in the last couple of months has flirted with Miami, and now Alabama. He recently stated it will now be a conversation with his folks and that all options are open and available. Pretty sure that was after the Alabama visit, so would be a nice pull to get a good sized corner recruit. Woodyard really likes us as well, but haven't seen much smoke lately, but I wonder if we pull him as well. After snaking Justice Haynes last year, getting these two would be a kick in the nizzies to Curbs, and I would love that. Bolden is a guy I would love, and we have that Buford pipeline in recent years. I find it very interesting Raiola transferred to Buford of all places all of a sudden. That being said, Bolden seems to get a renewed interest in us each time he visits. He really likes Ohio State too.

On another recruiting piece is Caleb Odom, the tight end from Carrollton here in Georgia. We are favored, but we all know that can change in a matter of minutes. I bring him up because he's teammate of Juju Lewis, a rising Sophomore quarterback bad ass. He'll be the #1 recruit in his class. He has visited Alabama and has a long ways to go, but he's a stud that we want, so building that relationship could pay off years from now if Odom chooses us in July and is in Juju's ear the entire season. They will make a deep Playoff run and may even be the favorites to win 7A since Caleb Downs isn't there at Mill Creek anymore to beat them.

oh yes, I do.... but go back and read my replies to your statement, I highlighted a certain word in bold. "thug"
We have had some thats for sure.. remember the “ the 3 robbers”… Rolando McClain… look into his history in Decatur, Alabama, and with coaches….some of those so called 5 stars that only played because they were great…let me guess you are looking for “rayciss” in everything said…

We have had some thats for sure.. remember the “ the 3 robbers”… Rolando McClain… look into his history in Decatur, Alabama, and with coaches….some of those so called 5 stars that only played because they were great…let me guess you are looking for “rayciss” in everything said…
I don't know who the 3 robbers were... And I live in Madison, Al 30 minutes from Decatur and Rolando and I have mutual friends in Decatur and Huntsville.

This isn't about racist and you know it.

Back
Top Bottom