| FTBL With Saban, forget Xs, Os; it's about intangibles

From that article...

Even more, will Alabama compete in the second half of the season? Will this team get stronger as the season goes on? Will the Tide break this string of running out of steam toward the end of the year?

That's what I'm talking about!! I mentioned it in another thread or two as well. We haven't had a team get consistently stronger and better throughout the season since 1999...yep, 1999. :shock:

BamaDelta said:
From that article...

Even more, will Alabama compete in the second half of the season? Will this team get stronger as the season goes on? Will the Tide break this string of running out of steam toward the end of the year?

That's what I'm talking about!! I mentioned it in another thread or two as well. We haven't had a team get consistently stronger and better throughout the season since 1999...yep, 1999. :shock:

Delta, I usually agree with you on most things, but I think Fran's 2001 team got better and stronger as the year went along. Even his 2002 team did up until the AU game, which I still believed Fran tanked that one. Maybe not lost it on purpose, but not really caring if we won it or not.

Bama Bo said:
Delta, I usually agree with you on most things, but I think Fran's 2001 team got better and stronger as the year went along. Even his 2002 team did up until the AU game, which I still believed Fran tanked that one. Maybe not lost it on purpose, but not really caring if we won it or not.

Bo, I almost put both years. I agree with the 2002 conclusion. No way could I include that year mainly because of the AU game and if you remember we struggled with Miss. State 2 weeks prior (not to mention almost getting beat in Hawaii). So those games stood out at the end of '02 for me when compared with the beginning of the year contests with Oklahoma, UGA and UT (when we looked so strong).

I would have included 2001 and almost did. The only thing that stuck out in my mind was the bowl game though. I know Iowa State had Seneca Wallace, but they had our number ALL night. We were never "on" until we absolutely had to be at the end.

Back
Top Bottom