| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž With 2-0 Sunday shutout, Tide wins fifth consecutive series against LSU in Tuscaloosa

Guys what will Bama do when Montana graduate.

Hopefully? Incoming freshman pitcher Jocelyn Briski will come in and make an impact. I'd really like to see Murphy go after 2 established transfers who can hopefully hold their own against the SEC consistently. Would imagine he has a pretty clear understanding at this point of what he needs, but IMO he may have to sacrifice a little on the "perfect fit" side and get the best arms he can. One positive of people like Fouts, Shipman, and Prange moving on is it frees up a pretty good chuck of scholarship allocation to help lure some other top players (would imagine Briski is getting a nice chunk too). For the first time in years, the opportunity to transfer in to be the #1 for Alabama is there, and that should be enticing.

Murphā€™s been on the losing end of the transfer portal to this point. Kilfoyl leaving killed them, and probably the best all around offensive player in the sec in skyler Wallace just bothers the absolute hell outta me!! Hoping against hope he figures it out..
And yes briski will be an instant impact, but not Fouts good.

Hopefully? Incoming freshman pitcher Jocelyn Briski will come in and make an impact. I'd really like to see Murphy go after 2 established transfers who can hopefully hold their own against the SEC consistently. Would imagine he has a pretty clear understanding at this point of what he needs, but IMO he may have to sacrifice a little on the "perfect fit" side and get the best arms he can. One positive of people like Fouts, Shipman, and Prange moving on is it frees up a pretty good chuck of scholarship allocation to help lure some other top players (would imagine Briski is getting a nice chunk too). For the first time in years, the opportunity to transfer in to be the #1 for Alabama is there, and that should be enticing.

It still doesn't solve lack of offense. Even with a stud ace, we can't win. It'll be an ugky season to our standard in my eyes. Hope I have to eat some crow with that, but doubtful.

Briski can smash too so you aren't just getting a really good pitcher in the circle but she can hit for really good power in the box as well. Of course she isn't going to come in as good as Fouts but she should do quite well for us next year. Add another proven transfer in the circle and we should be alright.

Briski can smash too so you aren't just getting a really good pitcher in the circle but she can hit for really good power in the box as well. Of course she isn't going to come in as good as Fouts but she should do quite well for us next year. Add another proven transfer in the circle and we should be alright.
Not sure that matters, as Murphy's M.O. is to not let his pitchers bat very often or at all.

Not sure that matters, as Murphy's M.O. is to not let his pitchers bat very often or at all.
Where do you get that impression? For a long time in the sport pitchers rarely hit. It hasn't been until recently that we have seen pitchers really hit for themselves. Kilfoyl hit a bunch of games when she wasn't even pitching until her ankle injury. Even this year Esman hits when she pitches, plays first, or sometimes even as a DP.

With Briski's power, she will be in the lineup hitting.

Where do you get that impression? For a long time in the sport pitchers rarely hit. It hasn't been until recently that we have seen pitchers really hit for themselves. Kilfoyl hit a bunch of games when she wasn't even pitching until her ankle injury. Even this year Esman hits when she pitches, plays first, or sometimes even as a DP.

With Briski's power, she will be in the lineup hitting.
How many times did you ever see the "Ace" pitcher at Alabama bat? Montana, Traina, VanBrakle or Kelsie Dunne during their time at Bama. Montana batted .566 with 12 HR her senior year in high school, she may have and I missed it, but I can't say I ever saw her step up to the plate at Bama, even in her freshman year. That's where I get that impression.

If everyone is depending on a freshman to come in and turn the offense around and even keep the pitching anywhere close to Montana weā€™re all in for a rude awakening. This team is in a mess. Only 1 reliable pitcher, just a couple of batters, and no speed whatsoever. How many times this season did we see a ground ball get fumbled around and still was able to throw out our batter? If you take White and Preuitt out of the mix no speed. Maybe Murphy will get lucky in the portal. Unfortunately, the appeal of playing softball at Alabama is not what it once was.

Back
Top Bottom