| NEWS Willie mays has passed away…

I need to see this.

Had a chance years ago to meet Hank Aaron and get a ball signed in Mobile... opted not to go to the event... mostly because while I respected Aaron, I was never really a fan of his (guilty by association of being a Brave). But I've kicked myself a lot since then for not going... that was dumb.

I had a similar opportunity with Mickey Mantle while he was alive and I was maybe eight years old, but my momma forgot my baseball that day when she headed to work and we were never able to get it signed.

I need to see this.

Had a chance years ago to meet Hank Aaron and get a ball signed in Mobile... opted not to go to the event... mostly because while I respected Aaron, I was never really a fan of his (guilty by association of being a Brave). But I've kicked myself a lot since then for not going... that was dumb.
We stay in lake Lurleen. Ur neck of woods. Make it happen sometimes

I had a similar opportunity with Mickey Mantle while he was alive and I was maybe eight years old, but my momma forgot my baseball that day when she headed to work and we were never able to get it signed.
Just meeting him person to person would have been something....I probably had a chance n didnt take it...sorry u missed ur chance too

What a player. My all time favorite in any sport

HA was a great player but he did not have a splashy personality. I think that is why he maybe is not viewed the same way as Mays and other greats. Make no mistake he was a great player and should indeed be viewed as one of the top 5-10 players all time.

You’ve got to remember he did it without PEDs, steroids, etc. And I believe the ball was different as well.
Yeah. U probably remember the ball controversy stuff. Windings. Tightness.
Then the night games. Batters seeing half the ball.

I bet some of older. Really older. Never saw some of shit some of todays pitchers throw

I dont how anybody could hit some of it

And city officials in BIRMINGHAM AL getting unfair amount...lol
Corruption in birmingham....shocking

Run by dims and has been for years, what else would you expect?
I moved here in 1992. Birmingham city government corruption has not only not changed, it may be worse. About 8 years ago, I was looking for a location to build a small plant. At that time, one of the Mayor's "handlers" let me know that a site in the city limits would require some "palm greasing." I said you got to be kidding me. Other places are begging for the jobs and offering tax breaks - Bham wants us to pay off politicians. Unbelievable. The City has so much potential but is now no longer even the largest city (within city limits) in Alabama. Very unfortunate indeed.

I moved here in 1992. Birmingham city government corruption has not only not changed, it may be worse. About 8 years ago, I was looking for a location to build a small plant. At that time, one of the Mayor's "handlers" let me know that a site in the city limits would require some "palm greasing." I said you got to be kidding me. Other places are begging for the jobs and offering tax breaks - Bham wants us to pay off politicians. Unbelievable. The City has so much potential but is now no longer even the largest city (within city limits) in Alabama. Very unfortunate indeed.

" One wheel in the ditch and one wheel on the track."
Said Neil Young.

There is a reason for it...I know. You know. We all know

Back
Top Bottom