| NEWS Will rural college sports fans be able to keep up with the broadband demands of streaming services? - Awful Announcing

I live in the definition of rural, I’m 40 miles away the nearest city on a 330 acre ranch and I’ve got broadband (really great broadband too) in the least populated state in the country, so I don’t buy their rural customers lacking. There’s broadband out there that’s good if you want it

Trump task force says broadband expansion essential to rural prosperity.
The Trump administration’s task force on rural prosperity is calling for expanding broadband essential to improving rural America by removing regulatory barriers and providing new incentives for private investment.

The 23-page report, which President Trump and Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue will highlight in speeches to the American Farm Bureau Federation in Nashville, will help set the stage for the administration’s coming infrastructure initiative.

The report, which also makes recommendations for improving the quality of rural life, expanding the rural workforce and encouraging technological innovation, calls for establishment of a permanent commission to make sure that its recommendations are carried out. The report also recommends appointing an advisory council for the commission to ensure “on-going, robust stakeholder participation.”
complete article January 6 2020

My opinion is that they will use prosperity for farmers to have a reason to push a broadband incentive for rural america. It will help the farmer just like gps has helped them. Wireless technology is the direction it is going in. I am in this business and see it happening on a slow motion basis, but it is happening.

I live in the definition of rural, I’m 40 miles away the nearest city on a 330 acre ranch and I’ve got broadband (really great broadband too) in the least populated state in the country, so I don’t buy their rural customers lacking. There’s broadband out there that’s good if you want it
I'm in rural alabama 10 miles from a small city. No broadband is available from any carrier that is reasonable. If you are on highway 98 fiber is available for $275.00 a month. one mile away no coverage. The 5G wireless will make a difference but it ain't here yet. Where are you located?

Its real. I'm not paying

Negative. Now, you can always get dish, but that's an expensive service, especially if you're going to stream.

Perhaps you're just in a good area in Wyoming?

Very rural also.....but Direct is good ..expensive...but good...
It should stay around for awhile....
Us cellular said i can have their fastest internet....for 150$ month....
Tower is 1/4 mile away.....and 5 bars..stars...whatever...
But right now...direct is working...

Fear mongering. What is the definition of "rural" and how many live in these areas? Of those that live there, how many care about college football?
Just moved myself, but I ain't in West Virginia. Only had 2 options for internet (Hughes Net or Viasat)... guess that makes me pretty rural, but I definitely care about college football. :p

Just moved myself, but I ain't in West Virginia. Only had 2 options for internet (Hughes Net or Viasat)... guess that makes me pretty rural, but I definitely care about college football. :p

I have two options where I'm at in rural Montana, DSL and satellite for internet. Satellite has bandwidth caps and is super expensive for what you get.

I don't even have a cell phone signal at my house, have to drive 12 miles to get a cell signal. But wifi calling works just fine.

I know of a guy in Harris County GA who even offered to pay out of pocket to get the cable company that stops 500 ft from his house to continue their line. They refused. He is stuck with either hoping he can get a Verizon data signal out there (works but very slow due to the area) or satellite. He absolutely hates the satellite but it works, most of the time. That isn't even really rural as he is only about 20 miles or so from downtown Columbus.

Globalstar satellite company owns a frequency that would allow through the air broadband that covers the world. I believe they are working on a satellite constellation of low orbit satellites that roam across the planet. Their satellite phone service works that way, however every 15 to 20 minutes the satellite your connected to drops a call if another one is not in range. The phone service is crystal clear. It works in remote areas.

Its real. I'm not paying

Negative. Now, you can always get dish, but that's an expensive service, especially if you're going to stream.

Perhaps you're just in a good area in Wyoming?
This area of Wyoming if your cell phone provider is Verizon there’s no service (that’s annoying). But, could be good with the broadband company I use.

I’ve never used nor do I know anybody that’s used Dish’s internet service, so I didn’t know how it was or how pricey. I was however thinking of them when I said broadband is out there if a person wanted it

I'm in rural alabama 10 miles from a small city. No broadband is available from any carrier that is reasonable. If you are on highway 98 fiber is available for $275.00 a month. one mile away no coverage. The 5G wireless will make a difference but it ain't here yet. Where are you located?
$275.00 a month!!!! Sweet hell man. I assumed there was broadband everywhere if you wanted it, you know what they say about assuming shit.

I’m in southern Wyoming.

Back
Top Bottom