| FTBL Will Darby Break 1000?

Will Kenneth Darby have at least 1000 yards this season?

• Total voters
Anything is possible...Heck I could win the lottery or get struck by lightning. :?

I voted NO simply on the basis of what I've seen so far. We haven't played that many powerhouse D's BUT we will & he hasn't produced that much yet :cry: . I know he's been banged up BUT it isn't looking to great. He has got to really turn on the jets from now on in every game.

HOWEVER, folks will start respecting JPW more & that will open up the run game more. Perhaps, every team we've faced has been keying on him so much even Alexander the Great couldn't have made his way. I remember the AU '99 game. We were losing going into half & Alexander wasn't doing to well b/c we couldnt' pass. Once we started making some passes, that was when you saw Alexander start taking off. We know the outcome of that game. :)

I'm rooting for him. I hope he makes it....

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
Anything is possible...Heck I could win the lottery or get struck by lightning. :?

I voted NO simply on the basis of what I've seen so far. We haven't played that many powerhouse D's BUT we will & he hasn't produced that much yet :cry: . I know he's been banged up BUT it isn't looking to great. He has got to really turn on the jets from now on in every game.

HOWEVER, folks will start respecting JPW more & that will open up the run game more. Perhaps, every team we've faced has been keying on him so much even Alexander the Great couldn't have made his way. I remember the AU '99 game. We were losing going into half & Alexander wasn't doing to well b/c we couldnt' pass. Once we started making some passes, that was when you saw Alexander start taking off. We know the outcome of that game. :)

I'm rooting for him. I hope he makes it....

I think he'll need at least one big game (150+ yards), but I said yes since I think there's a greater than 50% chance he succeeds.

True to form, this poll has 20 votes with 8 of them voting no. I applaud it!

I love the fact that people on this site feel like they can vote (or speak their mind). On some BAMA sites that poll is nothing but a homer's attempt to prop up Darby and ridicule the naysayers. On our site we call it like we see it and we're proud of that.

I've said it before and I will say it again...we've got the most objective bunch in the Bama Nation here on this site. People here tend to call it exactly like they see it, for good or ill. I appreciate that.

I was one of the no voters, but to avoid being looked as as negative, I'd like to temper it with an "I hope I'm wrong". I think he could, and I want him to, just not sure that he will.

I was one of the no voters, but to avoid being looked as as negative, I'd like to temper it with an "I hope I'm wrong". I think he could, and I want him to, just not sure that he will.

Voting no on most sites would be an admission of guilt. That's kind of my point.

You voted no not because you wanted Darby to fail, but because that is the way you see things going. You hope for the best but understand the situation. I think many people on this site do, thus it allows them to be objective. I can appreciate that.

porkchop said:

Voting no on most sites would be an admission of guilt. That's kind of my point.

You voted no not because you wanted Darby to fail, but because that is the way you see things going. You hope for the best but understand the situation. I think many people on this site do, thus it allows them to be objective. I can appreciate that.

Po'chop, I believe you've been watching too much Dr. Phil.

Back
Top Bottom