| FTBL Will Coach Saban have a tv show on sundays?

BigAl said:
Will Coach Saban have a tv show on Sunday's this fall? Seems like this deal was not included in his contract.

Am i right?

Unless I'm out to lunch here, he will have a review show. I don't think you will be seeing the Golden Flake and Kia commercials with him, but there will be a show. He'd probably do it for free just because in effect, it can be a good recruiting tool if used correctly.

This guy did a good job breaking down Saban's contract

Now the big money kicks in on page 12. It's termed a "personal service fee" for Saban appearing at least once a week on the "Hey Coach" radio show as well as appearing on the weekly Alabama football review show. It also calls for production of reasonable content for a Web site and 15 "activities" during the year, such as public appearances as representatives of the school such as at alumni meetings, booster clubs, etc.

BamaRev said:
Will any of the Huntsville radio stations carry the hey coach show ? Hopefully on an FM station

If I'm not mistaken, you can listen to hey coach on AM 730 WUMP in Huntsville and FM 92.7 in Arab. They usually carry the games too.

I don't know if 1230 AM carries games but I think I heard they have a new FM counterpart at 100.3 or 100.5. That's the station that has Finebaum.

BamaRev said:
Will any of the Huntsville radio stations carry the hey coach show ? Hopefully on an FM station

If I'm not mistaken, you can listen to hey coach on AM 730 WUMP in Huntsville and FM 92.7 in Arab. They usually carry the games too.

I don't know if 1230 AM carries games but I think I heard they have a new FM counterpart at 100.3 or 100.5. That's the station that has Finebaum.

98.1 the ticket

will have Saban on from Thursday 7 to 8 in the fall .. call in. Good move imo targets an area we are working on taking back and I get to listen lol.

I enjoyed listening to Chris Stewart try and fight off guided missiles toward Shula last year. He eventually resorted to saying, "Thank you for your call,________. _________ is next from ___________."

Man do I hope that he is animated and thoroughly excited to do these shows... When he did his show on 790 the ticket in Miami he was monotone and could put Rumplestiltskin to sleep for a few more years... No kidding and not to diss the Coach but he needs to be around fans to spark his lighter... If anyone doubts these words I'll add some sound bites and the monotony will become clear... Then again, his heart wasn't in the NFL and/or The Miami Dolphins so the jury is not yet out on his ability to generate a good radio show. For all Alabama fans he is gifted and I hope that everyone gets a good show out of him.

Porterhouse said:
Hopefully, the "Hey Coach" show will not allow calls. :roll:

Times like this is when I would have loved to have had Spurrier at the helm. He is hilarious talking to callers. Problem is half the time the DA's on the other end of the phone call don't even realize that coach just made them look like an idiot.

Referee said:
Man do I hope that he is animated and thoroughly excited to do these shows... When he did his show on 790 the ticket in Miami he was monotone and could put Rumplestiltskin to sleep for a few more years...

Rumplestiltskin?

Don't you mean Rip Van Winkle, Ref?

Apparently you slept through American Lit class. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom